Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Good Morning!

You just never know when inspiration is going to hit you! These last few days have been crazy! Saturday I lost my phone. I was planning on looking at a picture on it to blog on the verse under letter "B". I was beginning to get worried because getting around to my blog the last few days has been difficult. It doesn't really help that I had no pull on my heart regarding titles and what I needed to write next. I know what is stopping me. . . it's me! I am not looking forward to the chapters ahead of me.

Last Sunday, Rusty, who leads us most weeks stated that a believer who was not leaning on God and a non-believer most likely felt the same when facing troubled waters. He is right. I know this as truth. When you don't lean on God and turn to him in times of trouble you can travel a long way down the road to Hell before realizing fully what is going on. You are, in all honesty, traveling without sufficient light!

So here I was this morning, again avoiding my duties. Rationalizing to myself that I don't have the next chapter title completely worked out even though I have heard a few good ones for the upcoming years. I know in my heart all that is needed is for me to sit still and pray on it. My fear of facing more sadness and shames from my past are what is stopping me. Today I will be getting to it. I feel it. I also have some catching up to do when it comes to my Alphabet verses.

But first, back to what I was doing this morning: I was scrolling down my face book wall when I saw a post from a lovely lady I have met online and it just said, "Good morning."

Next thing I knew I had commented under her post:

"Good Morning, good morning
What a lovely day!
Thank you God, I Love my life!
are the first words one should say!
Good Morning, good morning
all my lovely friends
Praising and thanking God
Is the way that my day ends!"

As soon as it was out of me, I knew what time it was. You can fear what is to come all you want but when God calls you back home to do his work, his work will flow out of you no matter how hard you resist! I am sitting here smiling to myself. I don't know why it is so hard to face awful truths about ones self . . . it just is. The truths I have to face in depth, covering the next 7 years of my life, are something I have longed keep hidden. Some truths I have been so shamed by I even kept them hidden from my medical files!

None the less, I sit here with a smile on my face for I know God will hold my hand through this just like he has through the other rough spots.

As far as this blog goes though, we are on letter "B" and the verse under it comes from the Book Ephesians, Chapter 4, Verse 32: Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another.

Now in my Holy Bible (New Living Translation, second edition) I am going to take in verse 31 as well for I think it gives a broader picture of what we were advised:

"Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words and slander as well as all types of evil behavior. 
Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another,
 just as God through Christ has forgiven you."

I read that and I think to myself, "IF our children were taught things like this in school . . . honestly . . . what parent would have a problem with it?"

We know that teaching what is in the Holy Bible will not happen in our classrooms. It is one of the reasons many parents home school. Regardless, what is stopping you from teaching yourself and then teaching these valuable lessons to your own children? I myself don't care for "Religion". If you honestly look at the story of Jesus and how he died you KNOW it was Religious leaders that called for his death. I think Jesus and Our Father are in total agreement with anyone who dislikes religion being shoved down their throat.

Reading the Holy Bible does NOT make a person Religious . . . However, chances are it will make you a believer! I'm hear to reassure you that that is a GOOD thing. Hence the phrase, "Spreading the GOOD news!" 

Today, I encourage you to open up your Holy Bible and check out Ephesians. We did a study on it in a small group I attend on Thursday nights. Following the lessons in this Book challenged me greatly last spring when it came to how to deal with a certain person who . . . well . . . was difficult to deal with. In other words, reading and studying this Book made me a Better person. I call that a Good thing!

My prayer for you today is simply this: Today I pray that my stories / blogs help give you another view of God's word. I pray that I spark an interest and cause you to dive into the Holy Bible with an open mind. I encourage you to seek out others who are Not religious but are Believers. Amen.

If you need help with that, drop me a line! Nothing would give me greater pleasure than helping others find their way to Faith, Hope and Love! 

Wendy, Mom of Many


Copyright © 2013 [Wendy L Glidden] All Rights Reserved.



1 comment:

photographybynicolen said...

May you see a pecial bird this day and hour, or if its delights you more, a crisp and beautiful FLOWER!
Shalom Wendy