Thursday, February 28, 2013

It Starts with Your Mindset!


I'm sure you have heard everything happens in God's perfect timing. Some days that is easier to swallow than others! We are so conditioned to want what we want and we want it right now that patience has gone right out the window for many of us!

Instantly I am reminded of the quote from Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God". In other words, "Stop Fretting!" So much easier said than done!

My go to verse last year was Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.

It may seem silly but it helped me stop the "whys" . . . it's not my place to question God.

So here I am again on Tremendously Thankful Thoughtful Thursday and it was put on my heart to share a trick that I began this year. The renaming of the days. Here is how I greet each one of them:

Good Morning Father, What do you have in store for me on this:

Simple Sincere Seeking Sunday
Marvelous Magnificent Miraculous Monday
Terrific Testimonial Tell-All Tuesday
Wild Wacky Wonderful Wednesday
Tremendously Thankful Thoughtful Thursday
Fantastically Fun Family Friday
Singsong Smiling Sensational Saturday


No longer do I find myself dreading any day of the week. I embrace each one of them. It keeps my mind focused on happy thoughts, praising thoughts, thankful thoughts. I hope it helps you with your focus as well.

Here is my Post around the world today: Today is "Tremendously Thankful Thoughtful Thursday" with that in mind I proclaim today I am thankful for the Grace of God. . . I am thankful for fellow believers who help encourage me. I am thankful for healthy children and abundant laughter. I was sharing a cup of coffee with a friend of mine and my grandma this morning and I mentioned a conversation about "days of despair" she said, "YOU? Little Miss Merry Sunshine have dark days?" which almost made me spit out my coffee . . . I am thankful today is not a day of despair. . . I am thankful that others see me as a bright light!!

Very recently I was challenged  with Three Questions:

1. What do I think about?
2. How do I use my money?
3. What do I do with my time?

I highly suggest you take the challenge yourself and put some deep thought into these 3 life changing provoking questions.

Today I pray for protection over all believers. May the evil one not penetrate our skin or afflict us in any way. I pray we are a beacon for others. I pray we show Love to all who come in our path including those that tend to ruffle our wings the most! Let's be colorful and bright ensuring that others recognize our beauty that stems from understanding who God is and who I am in Christ. May His Grace shine through our behavior. Amen.

Wendy, Mom of Many

Copyright © 2013 Wendy L Glidden. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: