Tuesday, July 9, 2013

It's a Good Morning!

Good Morning my sisters and brothers in Christ! I hope the day has found you smiling. On my way to work today, I was jamming to the radio. Mandisa's song "Good Morning!" immediately after Chris Tomlin singing "Whom Shall I Fear". Starting your day off with prayer, followed by singing does much good for one's outlook! I know one thing is for sure, it helps me smile and beam as I bask in the Glory of God. Talk about feeling toasty!

So on Tuesdays, I am responsible for providing a marketing tip in a Christian Marketing group I belong to. Today, this was my tip on Facebook:

Good morning everyone! My tip on this Terrific Testimonial Tell-All Tuesday is BE TRUE to Yourself! When it comes to marketing you will enjoy it more if you remain true to yourself. What does that mean you may ask? Well, everything. To begin you must take an account of your personal inventory. What kind of person are you? What are your strong points? Where does your weakness lie?

If you are a morning person, then use that time when you are most cheerful to complete your creative work like your marketing campaigns. Is there a day in the week that always seems to be a more joyous, energetic day? Use that day to step out of your comfort zone and make new contacts. Positive energy is contagious! When you have an up day take advantage of that! If you are having a day when you are out of sorts, before you do another thing, get on your knees and give it to God.

Also, try as hard as we may, remember, alone you are human. Your best asset is your relationship with God. Just like we are advised in Matthew 6:33: But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. 


I will be blogging on verses 24 – 36 today as that is what was laid on my heart. Very exciting stuff! To check out my daily posts or to find the portal to my blog, simply click on my facebook page and like it when you stop by! https://www.facebook.com/YouAreWorthyToo

Have a blessed day everyone! 

Wendy


So honestly, I know I have to provide a marketing tip on Tuesdays. Monday night I pray for insight on what to share with my group for I am not a professional marketer. I was surprised I was even picked to provide a tip on Tuesday. All the other tipsters help others in a professional sense! Me, I rely on God to help me. So this morning I knew my message was going to include seeking God. What I did not know was that God was going to show me so much more than that! Once I realized that Matthew 6:33 actually started out with the word But, I knew what time it was! To fully understand the importance of 6:33 we must start at verse 24! With that being said, straight out of my MacArthur Study Bible, 

verse 24: No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth.

verse 25: For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?

verse 26: Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?

verse 27: And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life?

verse 28: And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin,

verse 29: yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these.

verse 30: But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith!

verse 31: Do not worry then, saying, 'What will we eat?' or 'What will we drink?' or 'What will we wear for clothing?'

verse 32: For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.

verse 33: But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

Verse 34: So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

I love the entire message. I love the "You of little Faith!" I always hear it with such a Fatherly exasperated tone. It makes me laugh. I mean in all seriousness, all that goes on after we depart, all that has happened prior to our existence, we have nothing to do with how it transpires. How do we trick ourselves into thinking we have control over such things?

I have found stepping out in absolute Faith is EXTREMELY FREEING. I KNOW MY GOD HAS THIS! I don't have to do anything but be still and KNOW He is God. This is so much easier to accomplish when I am seeking Him. I renew my mind with His wisdom daily and it fills me with a joyous confidence words cannot define. 

I used to view the bible as something I could not grasp myself. I mean in all honesty how many people do you see hanging out on a park bench reading it? Sadly not many. The most read book in the world and we tuck it away and read it out of the sight of others! This must change! 

Today I resolve to be more bold about my relationship with God. He is my Father, my Teacher, my Friend. I love Him. I love singing His praises and reading His word. I love the nuggets of wisdom He has shared with us via those who were willing to listen and in turn share with us as directed. We are so blessed by His grace. It is a message that needs to be heard and understood. No matter where you are today. No matter what you think would keep you separated from your Heavenly Father, as He is Faithful, should you seek, you shall find and the more you seek, the more you will find. The bible has endless wisdom in it. What ever troubles you today, you will find comfort within these pages. Today I encourage you to seek Him with all your heart!

Father, today I come before you and ask that you shine your light into the dark recesses of the world. Radiate it for all to see and feel. I pray my testimony is received and encourages those who feel unworthy of your love. I pray what you give me to share helps them realize the indeed are worthy too. I pray they grasp the concept of Grace and recognize the beauty in the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. I pray countless lift their heads and look to you to heal their broken hearts and renew their minds. I pray those who are asleep, awaken and begin their journey back home to Faith, Hope and Love. In Jesus name I pray! Amen!!

Wendy, Mom of Many.

© Wendy Glidden 2013

No comments: