Thursday, October 31, 2013

Is Your Light on the Lampstand or Under a Basket?

Good morning world! My time flies by quickly. I recently re-read my very first post entitled 'In the Beginning' and had to laugh at the fact that I said my intention was to write daily! Lofty goals for a busy mom of many! As you can see I have fallen quite short of that goal!! What can I say? Time gets ahead of me! Today is Totally Tripping Tremendously Thankful Thoroughly Thoughtful Thursday! For those of you that have been following my blog all along you already know that I am on a health and wellness kick that has overflowed from my mindset to my physical well being. I began this weightloss journey on September 15th and here I am almost to the end of my sixth week. To date I know as of last Tuesday I have lost 30 pounds! I also know I have lost 28" off the 5 major areas that I took beginning measurements from. I think that qualifies for rocking ones program! I have offered to help anyone who would like to get the same results. My email address is wendyglidden123@gmail.com Feel free to write me there or you could always like my fan page on facebook https://www.facebook.com/YouAreWorthyToo and send me a message there if that is an easier way for you to connect. I am here to simply inspire, encourage and help you with any and all of your goals!

For those that have read past Thursday Posts, you already know that today is dubbed as Thankful Thursday. I have actually extended that to Totally Tripping Tremendously Thankful Thoroughly Thoughtful Thursday!! What are you thankful for today? What acts of thoughtfulness have you performed? It is amazing how with just a little thanks and kindness performed in your daily life your life will begin to seem more abundant. Today's encouraging word by K-love is this:

...let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father.
~ Matthew 5:16, NLT

When I first read that this morning I was torn. Many perform good deeds simply because they believe in something called Karma and they just do good so they might benefit in the end. Others perform good works in hopes that their good deeds will get them into heaven. When I read this verse I was like hmmm our good deeds are not what save us and truly we are not meant to brag on them are we . . . So you know I had to go to my bible and dive a little deeper into today's message. I am taking it to the beginning of verse 13 which has the subtitle above it in my MacArthur study bible reads: 'The Similitudes'

verse 13: "You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt has become tasteless, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled under foot by men."

verse 14: " You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden;

verse 15: nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house.

verse 16: Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

In other words don't hide in your home if you are a follower of Christ. Step out, spread the good news and allow your light to shine. As with the more you seek, the more you will find also goes the more you do the more you will see the blessing in helping others, the more you will do but not because you are seeking reward but because you truly enjoy being the hands and feet of Christ. In other words allow your light to shine and give Glory to God in all you do so that those who see your light will know the source and seek out the Lord themselves. 

Admittedly I could be completely wrong. Lord knows I am no bible scholar. I am just a simple girl who is seeking the Lord with all her heart. I want to be that light that shines in such a way that I glorify my Father who is in heaven. Reminds me of a song I heard a while back. It's called "We Are" and it is sung by Kari Jobe for those of you who cannot watch this on the device you are using. Awesome song, hope you take the time to listen to it!




A funny thing happens when you give your life to Christ. You really do get a new heart and life just changes. Believing and following are so drastically different. If you are a believer, you should so jump in with total Faith and begin following Christ. Your life will change in ways you could only dream of. Obviously this does not mean all of a sudden you have no enemies or problems for even Jesus had those! It just changes the way you live through all things. The good and the bad. I want to be a city on a hill. Do you?

Father today I pray that more of your children begin to follow Christ. I thank you so much for my life and this crazy journey I have been on. There is not a single person on the face of the earth that I am better or worse then. I love that for with that knowledge I can be friends with anyone. No need to fear judgement of past mistakes or future ones for that matter! Thank you for your grace and mercy and your never ending lessons. I love how you move me, stretch me and force me to grow. I love who I am in Christ! Thank you for taking the time. I am a mere spec when it comes to all you have created. What a wonder it is that you take the time to help me. Thank you Father. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Wendy, walks with God,
Mom of Many

© Wendy Glidden 2013




No comments: