Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Perfect Timing!

It's Totally Terrific Testimonial Tell-All Tuesday! We all have a story. Many of us have a bunch of stories! I am blessed to be one of those people!

This morning was the first morning my school crew boarded the bus from our new place. Without knowing exactly when the bus would arrive, the morning was a little hectic. Once everyone was on the bus, I went inside to tell Mike and Jeffrey goodbye only to have little Jeffrey insist on coming to work with me so that he could do his ABC mouse school. He is so stinking cute and really VERY well mannered for a three year old so I caved.

Getting him dressed for the outside element was of course going to make me run a little late . . . or so I thought. Lately I have been hearing a lot about God's timing and how it's not always in line with our timing but we need to chill out because His timing is always perfect.

So, here I was finally behind the wheel and on my way. I literally only have a three minute drive to work now so that is pretty awesome. If you've been reading my blog this year, you know it was God that led me to move where I did. I still feel like pinching myself for I truly love where he placed me. Anyway, I realized something was wrong with my car almost as soon as we hit the road. At first I thought maybe I had a flat tire or was it my exhaust? You have no idea how my brain works . . . probably a good thing!

Anyway, I was thinking, 'Did I plug up the exhaust pipe with something by backing up my car into the plowed snow bank?' No. Something much simpler than that was wrong. As I stopped for the one red light I cross each day, I suddenly realized the funny feeling that I was feeling was me running out of gas! My gauge showed half a tank and it suddenly dawned on me that I had threatened to start keeping track of the mileage but had not stuck to that plan!

I thought prayed 'change light change' and it did. I pressed the gas, surged forward and then puttered to a stop right in the middle of the intersection! "NO!" I silently screamed. I put the car in park, said a silent prayer, "please God get me out of the middle of the road!" I cranked the car. It started! I pressed the accelerator and sped across the intersection at a whopping 8 miles an hour! A turtle would have beat me! Still, I managed to get across the road as kind citizens honked at me. I coasted to a complete stop 15 feet beyond the intersection and realized a truck was right behind me. I thought, "Do they know I just need up the road? It looks as if they are wanting to push me with their truck . . . or maybe that's just wishful thinking!"

Sure enough, a lady jumped out of the passenger side and it turned out to be my son's fiancee's mom and her dad! She asked if I wanted them to push me the rest of the way with their truck! I said, "Yes! Please!!"

The best part of being pushed into the driveway was Jeffrey. Boys!! He thought it was the coolest thing ever to be pushed down the road by another vehicle. Once safely in the drive, I jumped out, ran over to Sherry and thanked and hugged her.

Once I got into the office I was giggling to myself. In a flash I clearly saw that had I dashed out the door on time according to my own plans, I would have been early and would have ended up walking a block to work in the frigid cold with little Jeffrey at my side or more likely than not in my arms!

You just have to love God and how He always has you!

I hope this little testimony of mine has helped you with your own timing in life. I often say the best 'Chill Pill" is a silent prayer and then giving whatever it is that has you wound up to God. I pray you are able to rest in Him daily!

Those of you who have followed my blog this past year know that I became a mother at the age of 17. You also know I have been a work a holic, control freak much of my life. When I was in my early twenties I was always in a hurry. This was truly my theme song the year it came out. I hope it causes you to chuckle and slow down a little so that you can better enjoy this thing we call life <3. Be blessed and be a blessing <3

The song is called: 'I'm in a hurry to get things done' by Alabama




Father, today I come to you with joy in my heart. I love knowing that you have all my needs met before I even know I'm going to need something! You never cease to amaze me. I feel like a simple child when it comes to the ways of the wise. Please teach me to be more trusting, more loving, more wonderful, more wise! I pray that you help my fellow brother's and sister's in Christ with all of that as well! Again, thank you thank you thank you for always having my back! I love your ways! In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Wendy Glidden, walks with God
Mom of Many

© Wendy Glidden, 2013

No comments: