Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Are You in Search of a Better Life?

It’s Tremendously Thankful Thoughtful Thursday and today I am thankful that I got to a level of such great frustration regarding my circumstance that I sought God’s opinion on the matter. I knew I had tried everything possible. The only thing I hadn’t sought was God’s opinion in the matter.

I figured since He’d called me by name the last time I had found myself on my knees and after that when I had cried out to Him, He’d sent an Angel Band to sing a message to me that perhaps He’d have some great wisdom to offer regarding how to improve my relationship with Mike, the father of my last five children. In the process of my seeking, I ended up learning about Christ. Knowing God and talking to Him is VERY important. Getting to KNOW Christ will change your life and how you live it as well as what happens to you upon your ultimate demise here on earth. 

It was in following a one year study on the ministry of Christ that I was convinced that Christ was just who He claimed to be. He is the Son of God. He is the way, the truth and the life. John: 14:6 ~ Jesus answered, “I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.” If you are wondering just who God is, you should educate yourself on Jesus. Many have bought into the idea that Jesus was a great moral teacher or a good guy, this is simply a baseless claim. I myself could not argue this misconception any better than the very words uttered by C.W. Lewis on the matter; “I am trying here to prevent anyone saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him: “I’m ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don’t accept His claim to be God.” That is the one thing we must not say. A man who said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic — on a level with the man who says he is a poached egg — or else he would be the Devil of Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse. You can shut Him up for a fool, you can spit at Him and kill Him as a demon; or you can fall at His feet and call Him Lord and God. But let us not come with any patronizing nonsense about His being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to.” 

That statement doesn’t leave any room for argument on the matter of just exactly who Christ is. 
Today’s encouraging word courtesy of K-Love is this: So faith comes from hearing, that is, hearing the Good News about Christ ~ Romans 10:17 (NLT) 

I would have to concur that when I understood that Christ was exactly who He said he was, I was finally able to grasp the message of Grace. I accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior and vowed to spend the rest of my life sharing the Good News about Christ. I made this committment not for fame or fortune but for the simple truth that in knowing the truth for the first time in my life I found myself completely free of bondage. All my chains were broken and I was truly free. Satan no longer bound me with fear, self-doubt, anxiety, or any of his other cruel chains of slavery. When you discover such a thing as true freedom, you are compelled to share it. You simply cannot help yourself. It’s exciting stuff. I guess that is why I love to read what Paul wrote. Admittedly, I have seen an angel who talked to me and gave me a message. I have also had angels sing to me; not once but twice. If you love music, you are going to be in awe at the instrumental sounds in Heaven. I fought a house fire with angels at my side. I couldn’t see them, but I heard one of them clearly. He instructed me on everything I needed to do. I actually inhaled a ton of toxic smoke and passed out, falling to the floor. I came to as I was given a fresh breath of air and I was advised to stay low as people died in fires. In the midst of desperate prayer, God spoke to me, calling me by my name and prophesied to me. All of these stories can be read in great detail in my third book; Angels, Answers, Signs and Wonders.

However, Paul, who was previously known as Saul, was at a point in his life where he had been persecuting the first Christians believing in doing so he was bringing Glory to God when he was suddenly blinded by the light of Christ and shown the truth. He went from being a murderer of Christians to an Apostle of Christ, bringing the good news to the gentiles and Jews alike. He spent the rest of his life professing the Good News. Talk about an intervention of sorts. Christ could have easily ended Paul’s life. Instead he transformed him into a new creation. This is truly what will happen to you when you come to KNOW who Christ is as well as who You ARE in Christ! I get why Paul was so devoted to the Lord. 

Today I would encourage you to simply start seeking the truth for yourself. You could begin by reading my books. God called me forth for a purpose. My purpose, much like Paul’s purpose was, is to get to know Christ and in turn reveal both the truth and the Glory of God to all who are willing to dive into my story. If you are a reader who enjoys a great story, or one who likes sequels, then my books are right up your alley. When I first began blogging, my call out ad I posted to sway people to read my posts was something like this: “I’ve been called out to share my story, from running away to being married off in a shotgun wedding, from becoming a high-school dropout to a teenage mom, from birthing babies to giving one up for adoption as well as both aborting and living through a miscarriage, being molested at gun point as well as finding myself in abusive relationships, to almost killing myself as well as using drugs, I have worn a lot of shoes that I would have preferred to never pull out from the recesses of my closet. However I cannot deny God’s request. Please come read all He has called me out to share.” 

In a couple of years, I found myself being read in countries I had never heard of. It has been a blessing to share the truth about myself. The evil one has attempted time and time again to keep me from my purpose and in telling my story, God revealed all of this to me in such a way that those who read my story also see their way to true freedom. Are you seeking an abundant life? If so, I encourage you to check out my books. I guarantee you they will open your eyes to things you never saw before. What are you waiting for? Buy the 3 book set today by clicking here! 

For a short encouraging video message, Click here! 

Until next time my friend, be blessed and be a blessing! Wendy, walks with God, Mom of Many © 

Wendy Glidden, 2014

No comments: