Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Renaming the Days of the Week

Totally Terrific Testimonial Tell All Tuesday! Renaming the days of the week was one of the wisest things I ever did for myself. I did it because I wanted to have something that would remind me every day where to put my focus. I believed that if I just renamed each day of the week from what the world called them to something that reminded me how blessed I was I would have a better shot at walking in the spirit and not getting sucked into the flesh. It’s truly worked like a gem. For those that have not seen my complete list of the renamed days of the week, this post is for you. Before the end of the year I will have calendars available for all who want them. For now, each day set your mind to renaming your days to this:
Simple Sincere Seeking Sunday
Marvelously Magnificent Miraculous Monday
Totally Terrific Testimonial Tell-All Tuesday
Wild Wonderful Wacky Wednesday
Tremendously Thankful Thoughtful Thursday
Fantastically Fun Filled Friends and Family Friday
Super Silly Sing Song Saturday
I promise there is truly something about getting your mindset going in the right direction. I would compare it to when you wake up in the greatest of moods and you say to yourself, “Nothing is going to ruin my day today!” Because you just know something wonderful is going to take place. When you rename the days, it’s as if you get up every day with joy both on your mind and in your heart. When your day is named ‘Marvelous, Terrific, Wonderful, Thoughtful, Fun Filled, Silly and Sincere’, your mind is filled with thoughts that are all on the good side of things. By renaming the days, you are training your brain to do exactly what Paul suggests we do in Philippians 4:8:
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable ~ if anything is excellent or praiseworthy ~ think about such things.
I sincerely promise you that you can indeed change the way you look at things simply by making the decision to. It is your choice. Here is the crazy thing, as you dwell on these things, you truly begin to become more and more thankful for everything in your life. It’s worth the effort. Print out my list, put it where you will see it EVERY morning. Take a moment to think about each word individually.
On top of renaming the days of the week, I make sure to fill my mind with no less than one encouraging word each day. I subscribe to K-loves encouraging word so every morning I grab my phone and check to see what the verse of the day is and then I reflect on it. I also start out my morning by checking in with my heavenly Father. I seek His will and His input. I go to Him with all that is on my mind and in my heart. I say I do that today, but I did not always do that. For a long time I barely talked to God at all. Today’s encouraging word was this:
And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you. – Psalm 39:7 (NLT)
I was distant from God for decades. I often chuckle when I think of the scene where Jim Carey tells God, “Oh smite me you mighty smiter!” in the movie ‘Bruce Almighty.’ I so did not understand grace until I fully understood it. Somehow I thought I was excluded because of how close I was to God as a child. Satan is a son of a gun when it comes to getting us to believe his biggest lies, “God doesn’t love you.” and “You aren’t good enough.”
Today when I read a verse like the one above, my heart leaps with joy for my hope is in the Lord. Today I KNOW that He is faithful and I KNOW that one day I will be used to do all the things that the Lord and I discussed when I was a child. I am excited daily always wondering what wonders I will witness each day. I am amazed at my life and what all I have done in a short time. Really my life completely changed the day I got on my knees and surrendered my will. I have never been a weak willed person. It took a lot for me to finally go to God, pride in hand and admit to Him that I was done fighting on my own. In the midst of praying, God called me by name. Having God speak to you will change your life in every single way!
I truly hope you check out my story. I have so much to share with you and I just can’t deliver it all in a single blog post. If you are curious what God might have for you, but you also doubt that you are truly worthy, I encourage you to read the story He called me forth to share. To say I am proud of all I have done would be a lie. To say that I am humbled to be one who reveals it all and clearly show you just what kind of God we truly serve is the truth.
My books are priced VERY low so that anyone can afford them. All of them, in both print and e-book, allow you to read quite a few pages for free. I only ask that you begin with my first book and read them in order. They paint a much bigger picture that way. While you can read them all separate of each other, it’s like putting a puzzle together only to discover that you are missing some pieces. All three books cost $13 in e-book / kindle and they are only $25 in print! By visiting my author page on Amazon, you can check them all out! Just click on this link and decide which way you want them delivered to you: www.amazon.com/author/wendyglidden
Father today I pray that you continue to use me to share the good news. Please put me in the path of those that need light. Allow me to be a hand or foot of Jesus every single day of my life. Put me to work Father and keep my heart always focused on your love. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.
Wendy, walks with God, mom of many
© Wendy Glidden 2012 – 2014

No comments: