Saturday, February 7, 2015

God's Funny Way of Answering A Recent Prayer!

Weekly Weekend Newsletter February 7, 2015

What a crazy year it has been for me already! Some of you know and most likely most of you don't, but on January 1, 2015, I began my year out by voluntarily turning myself into jail on an existing warrant! You want to talk about faith in action, I entrusted my family and my future in the hands of the Lord in every sense of the word. I will be sharing all that took place during my time spent in Collier County Jail in a future publication that is going to be subtitled: "16 Days and 2 Head Counts"

It's funny sometimes how God takes situations and uses them to reveal not only Himself, but our purpose. It's funny sometimes the things and circumstances He uses to answer prayers! Our God is a humorous God and I have come to not only love, but also to admire His ways.

When I was incarcerated one thing that immediately increased, was my prayer life. Recently, I was praying to God about a girl I met while behind bars. Her name is Tracy Lewellen. We both came in on the same day. She was in green and I was in orange. We hit it off from the first moment and while we spent much of our time in places away from one another, for three days we were bunkies and I am telling you, this girl made me laugh so hard my face and stomach hurt. I told her when she got out she needed to create videos of the stories she told me and some of the crazy things she had come up with. I gave her my information and we promised to somehow stay in touch, which is actually something we have done. I can honestly say, "I love her."

So it was around 4 am and I woke up with Tracy on my mind and in my heart. She had gotten some scary news regarding her health and I was talking to God about her. I was praying over her and suddenly I was transported in my mind to a courtroom. I was arguing her case and it was so simple the way God laid it visually out for me. I knew there wasn't a judge in the world that would convict her on the charge.

I sat straight up because in the reply that God flashed to me, I had answers to several things I had thought about for sure, however I am not sure I ever voiced my concerns straight forward so to me that is pure proof that God knows every thought you have and when you get really close to Him, He often gives you much more than the simplest of answers to your prayers.

In this particular exchange with Him, I learned that Tracy had no reason to fear court. I knew by God jumping to another one of her fears, He was showing me that there was no cause for fear because He already had it all worked out and she was going to be just fine in the end. I was also reminded that I truly am going to become a lawyer. When I was in jail and honestly right before I went in, there was a song that seemed to claim my heart and it was do to the verse. With that being said, this weekend's Super Silly Sing-Song, sing along is to this: "Fix My Eyes"


And for those who can't watch the uploaded video, here are the actual words to the song:

Hit rewind
Click delete
Stand face to face with the younger me
All of the mistakes
All of the heartbreak
Here's what I'd do differently

I'd love like I'm not scared
Give when it's not fair
Live life for another
Take time for a brother
Fight for the weak ones
Speak out for freedom
Find faith in the battle
Stand tall but above it all
Fix my eyes on you

I learned the lines and talked the talk (everybody knows that, everybody knows that)
But the road less traveled is hard to walk (everybody knows that, everybody knows)
It takes a soldier
Who knows his orders
To walk the walk I'm supposed to walk

And love like I'm not scared
Give when it's not fair
Live life for another
Take time for a brother
Fight for the weak ones
Speak out for freedom
Find faith in the battle
Stand tall but above it all
Fix my eyes on you

The things of Earth are dimming
In the light of Your glory and grace
I'll set my sights upon Heaven
I'm fixing my eyes on you
I'm fixing my eyes on you
I'm fixing my eyes

Love like I'm not scared
Give when it's not fair
Live life for another
Take time for a brother
Fight for the weak ones
Speak out for freedom
Find faith in the battle
Stand tall but above it all
Fix my eyes on you
I fix my eyes on you
I fix my eyes on you

Thanks to Lori Andrews for adding these lyrics.Thanks to Jeremy Werstiuk, David A. for correcting these lyrics.

I love the relationship that I have with God. I love that He knows the desires of my heart. I love who I am in Christ. I am so thankful that I got back on my knees after a lengthy time in what can only be considered the wilderness. Lost. I was so lost for so long. I am blessed to have turned back. I am blessed in longing to help my fellow sisters and brothers as Jesus tells Peter to do in Luke 22:31-32 ~ 
[31] "Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you as wheat. [32] But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."
Prayer is a big part of how we can strengthen one another. When I called Tracy to share the good news I had been given while praying for her, I was elated. You can only imagine how much more elated I was when she called me three hours later to share some good news with me! She had called her lawyer that morning and she discovered that the charge had already been completely dropped! 
The irony that we had both told the other after sharing our individual stories regarding what we had been arrested for that we didn't belong in jail and our charge should be dropped and today those beliefs are actually our realities does not escape me. I am blessed to have met Tracy, even if it was in the most hellish of places!
Today, I would encourage you to just accept where you are in life. Trust me when I say it could be worse! You have to find gratitude in all things if you want to find joy in the midst of your trials and tribulations. I hope this weekend's newsletter has lifted your spirit! Be blessed and be a blessing,
Your sister in Christ, Wendy
© Wendy Glidden 2015

No comments: