Tuesday, July 28, 2015

All You Need to Know!

'Call to me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know.' (Jeremiah 33:3, NASB)

As I read this encouraging word this morning I found myself shaking my head. All we need to know about this world as well as our future can be discovered through the LORD.

Those of you who have read 'You Are Worthy Too: Angels, Answers, Signs and Wonders' know that I personally called out to God when I found myself pregnant for the 12 time. Indeed He did answer me. He called me by name. He told me to get off my knees. I was so shaken by His voice that I instantly stood up as instructed. He then did tell me things about my future that I did not know. Every time I look at Jeffrey I am overwhelmed by knowing that God called me by name! Me! Who am I? Well, I am just a girl. A girl who has stumbled, fallen, ran from God and truly I count myself among the biggest sinners in the world. Should you care to know my story in depth, save yourself some bucks and purchase the 3 part series in one that I published this year so that more people could read my full story at a marginal savings! This link will take you to my author page on Amazon and you can check out each book as well as make a purchase!

It is in God's promise that He will tell us things we do not know if only we will call out to Him, that I again reflected on how much worry and anxiety the world is full of today. We have physics on every corner and the reason for that is the demand. People long to know what the future holds for them. I get that. I once sought to know my future and that story is in my book as well. I will never seek to know what is ahead again unless I seek that knowledge from the one who knows all!

We truly are not meant to worry about tomorrow or fret about our past. We are meant to live in the here and now for we only get one chance at that! If we are focused on what is going to take place tomorrow or six months down the road, we are going to miss out on the blessings that are meant for today.

When it comes to tomorrow, Christ has this to say:

"So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Boy isn't that the truth! If I knew all the trouble, the trials and tribulations that were lurking around the corner in various tomorrows, I would most likely not be able to get out of bed! God promises that each day has enough grace in it for us to live through what ever comes our way:

And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." (2 Corinthians 12:9, NASB)

I know a lot of people don't want to admit that they are ever weak. Congrats to you if this is truly the case. However if you have ever done something that you knew you shouldn't do, I must point out that in not being able to deny yourself certain things, you my friend are weak! If you have fallen prey to your emotions instead of rising above them, this too makes it clear that you are weak! Where I am concerned, I have no problem admitting that I am weak at times. Those are the times that I stand in my own strength. Please don't get me wrong. Over the course of my life, I have been stubborn, bull headed and have been labeled strong! What a joke, on my own I may have plowed through life appearing strong but behind closed doors, I let down my walls, shed my tears and recognized my own shortcomings. I had no idea how to get beyond them for I was lost in my own understanding of things!

I promise you this; when you get to know God and learn who you are in Christ, you see things clearer and you find a source of strength that will keep you on your feet in the most turbulent wind storms this world can throw your way! God has a lot of promises in His Word. Some think it is full of contradictions and if you read it without understanding, I suppose you can stake that claim. However, I would encourage you to step beyond that illusion into the light and ask God for understanding for in His Word there are no contradictions, there are promises, words of hope and inspiration and a fountain of wisdom that you will gain no where else. This world will kick your rear end if you are not prepared for the battle! Armor yourself against the powers of darkness by dressing daily in your suit of spiritual armor! To know more about your armor and how cool it is, check out this past blog "Are You a Pawn or are You a Knight?"

For today, I encourage you to focus on this day. Ask God what He has in store for you today. Ask Him to guide your feet, your heart and your tongue! I pray you are able to hear and see the things He has in store for you today and that you don't get carried into the past or the future but remain in the here and now!

Should you feel yourself being pulled under by fear of anything or worry or anxiety, I leave you with this final word from Isaiah:

But now, thus says the LORD, your Creator, O Jacob, And He who formed you , O Israel, "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine! [2] When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, Nor will the flame burn you. [3] For I am the LORD your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior. (Isaiah 43:1-3, NASB)

YOUR SAVIOR! Do you know Him as such? If not, I pray that your eyes and ears are opened to the truth. I pray your heart is softened and that you are able to see the LOVE the LORD holds for all creation! I pray that you learn to call out to Him when you find yourself in trouble and that you thank Him at all times! In Jesus name I pray. Amen!


Wendy Glidden, Mom of Many, walks with God

© Wendy Glidden 2015

No comments: