Saturday, July 25, 2015

Out of Gas ~ Anything Helps!

The other day I went to do a load of laundry only to discover this sign in my laundry basket:



I have no idea who walked by and left it in my laundry basket in exchange for laundry detergent but the exchange proves one thing for sure, "Anything Helps".

As my day proceeded, I kept chuckling to myself over the slogan and how much truth it held. I cannot tell you how many times I have found myself 'OUT of Gas!' I think I said the phrase in my head about 100 times during the day as I laughed and shook my head.

Those of you who read 'For Reals' know moments this year took a toll on me and I did find myself 'Out of Gas' several times. Each time this happened, I found renewed strength in the Word of God. I thank Him for sending me back to college as an answer to a prayer. It was due to the weekly assigned reading, discussions and assignments that I read books of the bible that I can promise you I would not have dove into on my own. As I read and gained knowledge, I found a renewed strength.

As I write this, I am listening to K-Love and this song by the band Finding Favor comes on and Wow does it ever speak to me right now. Perhaps it will resound with you as well. After all, it is Silly Sing Song Saturday!


This life is a journey we walk by faith
And there will always be the mountains in our way
But right here in this moment, may our strength be renewed
As we recall what God has done and how we've seen Him move

If there's anybody here who's found Him faithful
Anybody here who knows He's able
Say Amen
If there's anybody here who's seen His power
Anybody here brought through the fire
Say Amen
Anybody here found joy in the middle of sorrow
Just say Amen!

Sometimes through the darkness, it's hard to see
So just be brave and follow where He leads
Greater is the one who's in us, than he who's in the world
So child of God remember, the battle is the Lord's

If there's anybody here who's found Him faithful
Anybody here who knows He's able
Say Amen
If there's anybody here who's seen His power
Anybody here brought through the fire
Say Amen
Anybody here found joy in the middle of sorrow
Peace in the storm, hope for tomorrow
And seen time and time again
Then just say Amen!

Even in the valley of the shadow when you feel alone in the unknown
Just say Amen, just say Amen
Even when the storms are raging, stand and know your not forsaken
Just say Amen, just say Amen

Is there anybody here, tell me is there anybody here
Come on and say Amen

If there's anybody here who's seen His power
Anybody here brought through they're
Come on and say Amen
Anybody here found joy in the middle of sorrow
Peace in the storm, hope for tomorrow
And seen time and time again
Then just say Amen!

Often, I find myself so overwhelmed with gratitude that the word Amen says so much. I am thankful that God called me forth to put so much of my life into a book. It is in sharing our own testimonies that we find greater faith as well as inspire it in others. Recognizing the glory of God at work in your life does so much for your well being. 

As I reflect on that truth and just what sharing my story with the world has done for me, this song begins playing. Colton Dixon, "Through All of It"


"Through All Of It"



There are days I've taken more than I can give
And there are choices that I made
That I wouldn't make again
I've had my share of laughter
Of tears and troubled times
This is has been the story of my life

I have won and I have lost
I got it right sometimes
But sometimes I did not
Life's been a journey
I've seen joy, I've seen regret
Oh and You have been my God
Through all of it

You were there when it all came down on me
And I was blinded by my fear
And I struggled to believe
But in those unclear moments
You were the one keeping me strong
This is how my story's always gone

I have won and I have lost
I got it right sometimes
But sometimes I did not
Life's been a journey
I've seen joy, I've seen regret
Oh and You have been my God
Through all of it
Through all of it

And this is who You are
More constant than the stars up in the sky
All these years of our lives
I, I look back and I see You
Right now I still do
And I'm always going to

I have won and I have lost
I got it right sometimes
But sometimes I did not
Life's been a journey
I've seen joy
I've seen regret
Oh and You have been my God
Through all of it
Oh and You have been my God
Through all of it
Oh and You have been my God
Through all of it

I cannot imagine this life of mine without the LORD's help. I truly cannot fathom the mess I would be; the hopelessness I would be doomed to wallow in. I know this truth, the enemy came for one thing. To rob you of life, both here and for eternity to come. 

John 10:10, NASB: The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly. 

It is in discovering who you are in Christ that you will indeed discover a well of strength that never runs dry. 

[13] Jesus answered and said to her, "Everyone who drinks of this water will thirst again; [14] but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life." (John 4:13-14, NASB)

In Christ you will indeed find a hope that you will find in nothing else. How often I pray to take what I know to be truth and transfer it into others. To be able to transfer my faith to them. We all have to discover the truth for ourselves; I ask you, "How can you discover what you don't search for?"

We are promised the desires of our heart in the seeking of God. It is a PROMISE! Here is the catch though, God knows your heart. You cannot out fake God. There's great power in knowing Christ, but you should not seek to know Him only in hopes of gaining said power. Christ's power is not a destructive force designed for profit or gain. Christ's power reaps the fruits of the Spirit. Christ's power heals. It is a life changing force that transforms one from the inside out. It is in knowing who YOU are in Christ that you will find renewed strength and despite this fallen world and all it brings your way, you will be able to run and not get tired!

[28] Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth Does not become weary or tired. His understanding is inscrutable. [29] He gives strength to the weary, And to him who lacks might He increases power. [30] Though youths grow weary and tired, And vigorous young men stumble badly, [31] Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary. (Isaiah 40:28-31, NASB)

Today, should you find yourself running out of gas, I encourage you to fill your tank up with God's Love. Get to know who Christ was and is; for He never changes! I think the Gospel of John will reveal the Love of God for you. As you read those chapters, I pray for you the prayer that Paul said for the church in Ephesus:

[17] that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him. [18] I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, [19] and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. Amen. (Ephesians 1:17-19, NASB)

May your day be blessed
May you find peace if stressed

Wendy Glidden, Mom of Many, walks with God.

© Wendy Glidden 2015





No comments: