Saturday, August 8, 2015

I Can Say, "It is Well"

This morning is Super Silly Sing Song Saturday. While upon first waking, my heart recalled all the worldly pain that has been launched at it recently and I knew I must get dressed for my day. I pulled up my email and noticed I had a google notification. Someone had liked a post I had made months ago. All it said was this, "Here is the song that caused me to have tears flowing down my face this morning." I had posted this last year, May 2, 2014. The song is by Chris Tomlin, "I Will Rise"

Sure enough as I listened to it, I began crying again. These are not tears of sadness but tears of truth. I truly can say, "It is well." today even through the midst of my most recent storm.

I however cannot help but crying through my pain that seems to come in waves as I reflect upon my life and all the previous times I have become pregnant. I did find myself laughing today as I thought about the truth that I have always wanted to experience a joyful pregnancy. You know the kind where everyone dotes on you and treats you like you are special. Instead, I have been with men that have honestly not been that nice through any of it.

I have decided this pregnancy is going to be the one I have always longed for. I am not going to allow stress and worry or anything like that ruin this incredible miracle for me. Instead, I am going to focus on the promises of God and I am going to believe in His promises of provision and protection.

Long ago, He and I talked about me becoming a writer. All my life it has been my dream. In the last few years I have written 3 books all containing true stories from my life. They certainly have not been pretty, but in the midst, you will recognize the glory of God at work. I have been praying these books would take off but to date they have not. At the beginning of this year, God prompted me to put all three books into one. Just as I finished that task, life came at me full force again and I truly didn't do much with marketing. My most recent life circumstance has prompted me to change that.

I truly believe that this 3 part series in one that God prompted me to publish is going to be the book He uses to provide for me. I find it ironic that this morning the first thing my eyes focused on was Mike's wedding band hanging above my cross on my Great Banquet necklace.



Seeing it there caused me to back flash to 30 years ago. It was the first time I found myself pregnant. I was only 16! Here is a snippet from that chapter in my life:

By Christmas I knew I was pregnant. I could not believe it. Here I'd tried to push that destiny for two straight months and nothing. Yet, when I ran away, I ended up conceiving. I decided life was ironic. I hadn't said anything about being pregnant yet. Chris informed me I was being taken to her doctor to be put on birth control. Still I said nothing. When she took me there I was taken back and her doctor began telling me about birth control options. I looked up at him and said, "Shouldn't you perform a pregnancy test before you prescribe me birth control?"

He stared at me and asked if I thought I needed one. I shook my head yes. 

Sure enough the test was positive and I was taken into another room. He began informing me that it would be in this baby's best interest not to be born. I was shocked. I hit him with two barrels of "How is this upholding the view of 'Saving Lives' and your Hippocratic oath?"

We argued for a moment about the beginning of life and he finally asked me, "Do you want me to give her the news or will you do it?"

I informed him with an hour ride ahead of me I'd prefer to spill the beans myself.

He told me to get dressed and he'd meet me out in the hall. When I left the room he was standing with Chris and they both turned to look at me. I knew in an instant he had already spilled the beans; So much for doctor patient confidentiality.

A family meeting was called and my fate had been sealed. I would marry Jeff. I felt like I'd been thrown into the dark ages.

That particular chapter is actually subtitled, "A Shotgun Wedding". Upon reading in full that title will make perfect sense. So, here I am 30 years later, pregnant once again only this time instead of the father of my baby insisting I marry him against my will, I am with a man who no longer wants to have any part of me. Life is strange to say the least!

I have no idea what lies ahead, but I am certain that God will be right there with me through it all. That was not a belief I had at 16. You will see how that came to be when you purchase my book that God called me forth to publish. With your purchase you will be happy to know that you are supporting a single mom of many and in return, I know that you will be blessed between the pages you read. My life has many twists and turns and the final book is full of faith increasing testimonial stories that will leave you seeking to know God on a greater level. I am blessed to have seen and heard angels in my lifetime and those stories are in this book as well.

Today I come before you boldly asking you to take a leap of faith and drop $13 on a book that will improve your relationship with God no matter where your relationship stands today. Simply click here to be taken directly to the page where you can purchase "You Are Worthy Too: The Proof is in the Pudding". I thank you immensely for your financial support. May you be blessed immensely in return.

Father, I come before you this morning thanking you for being so bold in my life. I don't know where I would be today without your comforting words. I believe in your promises and I know you have me covered in all ways. I thank you for my talents and I thank you for increasing my faith over the years. Please bless my book and increase my sales. Explode my world and reveal Your glory. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Wendy, mom of many, walks with God

© Wendy Glidden 2015


No comments: