Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Miracle on Grace Street


I can hardly believe my eyes! How has this entire year flown by so quickly. It certainly makes me think of the promise in God's word:

"Unless the Lord had shortened those days, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect, whom He chose, He shortened the days." (Mark 13:20, NASB)

To me shortened days are another way of saying that time has sped forward. So here I was on my day off taking the children to school when on the radio another song caused my heart to soar. In a gist the singer was saying that many called being saved a miracle while in all reality it was truly grace. 

It is my belief that the gift of grace compared to the amount of guilt and desperation of the receiver is what causes the divide that causes some to remain as mere Christians verses those that become a follower of Christ.

Those that have read my book, my life story, know that I was held in the chains of slavery. Hopeless beyond words when looking at the big picture. Even there, I truly believed others could be saved but that I myself had lost the right to such a gift. When the truth met me where I was at, I experienced a freedom that drove me to study and learn how to pass this 'miracle' this gift of grace onto others who to felt like they too were unworthy of God's redemption. 

In this world, we face a spiritual battle that never stops. Sure we find moments of rest where it seems like nothing could go wrong but seriously one dive into the Bible and that notion is put to rest. Christians are promised trials and tribulations. That is due to the truth that Satan does not want our light to shine so bright that we draw others to the LORD. He longs to snuff out our flame. This is why you see so many Christians flounder in their faith. The path is not easy but there is so much joy in it when you get beyond a certain point. 

Being saved is great, but having communion with the Father, Son and Holy Spirit is truly life changing. You will find joy in the littlest of things. For instance, there have been moments in my life where my job was easy and my pay was great. Today that is so far from the case it is laughable. However what is true is that I find joy in every day. I laugh and smile everywhere I go. Truthfully I don't always laugh when it is Mike and I by ourself. I wish I could transfer all I know right into that man of mine for then he too would be a mighty warrior for the LORD. Unfortunately, Mike is stuck at stage one and without the true desire to submit, there he will remain.

At times I get so upset by the things he says to me, by the things he should provide but does not that it is all I can do to stay calm and walk with the LORD. This morning is one of those days and to be honest, I knew I was not strong enough to show grace while he was being used as a pawn against me. Instead, I removed myself from the situation by loading up the laundry, grabbing my computer and heading out the door to spend some time with God and reflecting on the truth in His promises.

Everyone can be used as a pawn by Satan. Even those that walk with the LORD. This is just another thing that Satan uses to try to keep others from seeking the LORD for they see the majority of Christians as fakes. We are not fake, we are just as susceptible to the ways of the flesh as the rest of humanity. It takes great study and constant renewing of the mind to be able to walk in the Spirit more often then we fall to the flesh. I am guilty of falling to the flesh when I allow Mike's insults to penetrate my armor. Murder we are told begins in the heart and the spark for it all is anger:

[21] "You have heard that the ancients were told, 'You shall not commit murder' and 'Whoever commits murder shall be liable to the court.[22] But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, 'You good-for-nothing,' shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, 'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell.

Anger at Mike is not what I long to show him. However, Satan wants nothing more than for me to be angry with Mike for in my anger, I am certain to be a stumbling block for him. THAT is something that I do not long for at all!



I have blogged in the past that when we get angry, we are quick to stoke the fire. As each person throws their own piece of wood on the fire, things can spiral out of control. Someone has to be the bigger person and put their own wood down. I am certain that we all have enough dirt on every person we build a relationship with to cause another person to literally combust but in all honesty is that even what we want? NO! Then why do we go there? Because we don't understand how to show others grace while they attempt to bring us anger and often, we are not wearing our armor due to not taking the time each morning to get dressed in it fully.

I am working on my next book. It is going to be called You Are Worthy Too: In the Midst of Spiritual Warfare and it is my prayer that in reading it countless learn just how to use their Spiritual Armor for as Paul famously advises us in Corinthians:

[4] For the weapons of our warfare are not those of the world. Instead, they have the power of God to demolish fortresses. We tear down arguments [5] and every proud obstacle that is raised against the knowledge of God, taking every thought captive in order to obey the Messiah.(2 Corinthians 10:4-5, ISV)

I must keep my focus on that truth when I face Mike and the weapon of the tongue that he uses against me. He speaks lies and accusations meant to make my blood boil at moments and it is only in using my weapons of warfare provided by the LORD God that I am able to stand firmly alongside the Spirit. It is in taking his words captive and comparing them to what I know is truth that his words fall uselessly to the floor, unable to bring anger to my heart. It is my prayer that the trilogy book I published at the start of this year will help you in multiple ways for now. Within it is actually a bonus chapter from the book You Are Worthy Too: In the Midst of Spiritual Warfare.I encourage you to purchase your own personal copy today by clicking on this link

I love the song that says, "There is an Army rising up" for I am a part of that mighty army and I am humbled and honored to be such a warrior. I pray that countless soldiers do indeed rise up for we are in for a fight for lives literally! The harvest is plenty and the workers are few, I pray that that tide changes as well. For now, I leave you with link to that song followed by the lyrics:



"Break Every Chain by Jesus Culture"



There is power in the name of Jesus
There is power in the name of Jesus
There is power in the name of Jesus

To break every chain
Break every chain
Break every chain

There is power in the name of Jesus
There is power in the name of Jesus
There is power in the name of Jesus

To break every chain
Break every chain
Break every chain

To break every chain
Break every chain
Break every chain

All sufficient sacrifice
So freely given
Such a price
Bought our redemption
Heaven's gates swing wide

There is power in the name of Jesus
There is power in the name of Jesus
There is power in the name of Jesus

To Break every chain
Break every chain
Break every chain

There is power in the name of Jesus
There is power in the name of Jesus
There is power in the name of Jesus

To Break every chain
Break every chain
Break every chain

To Break every chain
Break every chain
Break every chain

There's an army rising up
There's an army rising up
There's an army rising up

To Break every chain
Break every chain
Break every chain

There's an army rising up
There's an army rising up
There's an army rising up

To Break every chain
Break every chain
Break every chain

To Break every chain
Break every chain
Break every chain

There is power in the name of Jesus
There is power in the name of Jesus
There is power in the name of Jesus

To Break every chain
Break every chain
Break every chain

There is power in the name of Jesus
There is power in the name of Jesus
There is power in the name of Jesus

To Break every chain
Break every chain
Break every chain

To Break every chain
Break every chain
Break every chain

Lyrics provided by A-Z Lyrics

Father, I pray that there truly is an army rising up. I pray that you link us up with one another and allow us to encourage and spur one another on in hopes of helping lead countless lost souls back to you! I pray that somehow Mike hears the truth and comes to belief. I pray the same for all my children, family, friends and all who I have yet to meet and all I never meet for we are all your children. Thank you for opening my eyes to the truth and always finding ways to spur me on! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wendy, walks with God, Mom of Many

© Wendy Glidden 2015





No comments: