Saturday, April 30, 2016

One Size Fits All!

I literally laughed out loud when that thought crossed my mind and came out of my mouth the other day. I was talking with a friend and they mentioned something that had been a hang up since child hood for a fellow friend and how they wished they could get over that issue.

I explained that they were most likely trying to fill a hole. It was then that I said, "There is only one thing that can fix a hole like that! It's the same for everyone. Kind of a one size fits all thing only in this case one size truly does fit all! They need to discover the love of Christ for themselves!"


It isn't like you dramatically change over night when you give your life to Christ, but in reflection, you can visibly see how far you have come when you are further down the road a bit.

You begin to worry less over the little things, heck with a little more faith in place, you don't even stress over the big things.

You learn how to truly let go and let God. You begin to gain 'Peace of Mind' which is only discovered in Christ:

Philippians 4:7 (NASB): And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

They say in life everything gets easier with practice. I find this is true with your open relationship with God. At first, we are like children. We throw temper tantrums in a gist. We pray in ways where we are asking for what we want and not seeking what God would be willing to show us if we just came with open hearts and inquired. When our prayers aren't answered the way we ordered them, we discount the power and the love of God in one fell swoop.

I hear things in the world like, "I prayed, but God didn't answer me."

I think that is due to us being conditioned by the ways of the world. The majority of us have a 'fast food' mentality. We have literally been conditioned to the mindset that, 'We can always have it our way in a matter of minutes!'

There is a reason why we read again and again about the need to 'Be Still' or to 'Cease Striving' and even 'Wait on the LORD'

Psalm 46:10 (NASB): Cease striving and know that I am God. . .

Isaiah 40:31: (NASB): Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.

We are all born with a measure of faith. As children, I think we believe easier. We haven't built walls around our hearts and minds. We haven't formed our world view yet. I think as we grow in faith, something shifts and we become child like again. We grow from faith to faith. This is why it is so important for us to surround ourselves with fellow believers.

The world is so full of negative, non-believing people that it is easy to get pulled into that direction. We are warned not to become conformed to this world for a very good reason. The world is NOT our permanent home! How long does one actually live here on earth anyway? Not forever that's for certain!

James 4:14 (NASB): Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away.

Romans 12:2 (NASB): And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind . . .

Have you ever stopped long enough to wonder just what its all about? Have you sought the deeper truths or simply answered them with the thoughts of others without checking them against truth for yourself?

Over the course of my life, people have credited me with being smart. My wisest decision was to pursue the truth of Christ for myself. I didn't just wake up one day and become a follower of Him without some serious homework!

What I can promise those who question whether or not He truly is the Son of God, is this: "He Is!"

I've done my homework, literally! I'm more than half way through to getting my degree in Biblical Studies. I had already become a follower of Christ a few months before I enrolled myself into College. It was in praying for greater understanding and knowledge regarding the word of God, that I was pointed to college.

I am not someone who has sat in church once a week and taken what has been preached as absolute truth. I sought, I researched, I compared, I verified. My conclusion?

Jesus Christ is indeed, "The Way, The Truth, and the Life" and the coolest thing is, He really does come in a 'One size fits all'.

If you have a hole in your life that you have attempted to fill with the love of another person, or the love of material possessions, and you are tired of trying things that have proven not to work, why not try on something new?

Today I encourage you to get on your knees. Let God know you are tired of the same old same old that the world has to offer. Tell Him you are ready for something new. Repent. It feels good to come clean that you are not perfect and you know you have fallen short. It is like a breath of fresh air when you get that off your chest. Ask Christ into your heart and just prepare to witness that hole disappear once and for all.

Christ doesn't promise that doing this will usher in a great life without troubles. He does however offer peace of mind (priceless) and rest (also priceless).

So, are you ready to take that leap? I promise this is one size that truly does fit all and you are going to love the New You!

Father, I come before you today asking that hearts be touched by the story you led me to share. May eyes be opened and may hearts seek you in greater ways. May those who are lost long to be found and call out to you! In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Wendy Glidden, mom of many, walks with God

© Wendy Glidden 2016




No comments: