Monday, June 13, 2016

A Moment in Time

One of my favorite things about FaceBook these days is the notification they send me regarding posts I made in another year on this day. Moments. They have purpose. They remind me how fast time flies by. They help me think about what is important in life. They remind me that life moves fast, your circumstances and life position can change without warning. They remind me to be grateful for everything and everyone. They allow me to realize that often what seems major was nothing more than a blip on the radar of life when viewed in a larger spectrum. And they help me acknowledge the truth that nothing and no one in this life/world lasts forever.

I think a flash of a moment is the same way that God delivers thoughts to us during our life. They say a picture paints a thousand words! I know in mind flashes God has given me in the last few years, He can relate a lot in a flash!

A moment in time. Stop and smell the roses. That was what I reflected on today.



In the book of Philippians, Paul has this to say regarding thoughts and our focus upon them:

Finally brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. (Philippians 4:8, NASB)

Do not let negative things bring you down. Keep your focus on the truth. Yes. Some REALLY awful stuff is happening in our world. This no one can deny. BUT, do NOT let negative people bring you down. If it is not from a foundation of LOVE, it is NOT of God. This is truth. Let us keep our focus there and let us pray together as one!

Years ago, I renamed my days in an effort to help myself keep my focus when evils, arguments and tragedies reared their ugly heads. May the video I created to share this exercise of mine bless you daily!


As a nation we have faced many tragedies. We are not done. How we chose to live, react and pray and how we chose to go forth daily those are the little things that can create a wave of either hope or destruction. It all depends on where we place our focus! Do not allow the enemy to consume you with the thoughts that lead to destruction! Protect your minds, wear your armor and don't ever forget that life is made of moments in time! Make the most out of every moment by always being a blessing to the others that cross your path in this world!

Wendy, mom of Many, walks with God

© Wendy Glidden 2016



No comments: