Friday, July 8, 2016

Our True Enemy

In February of 2008 we made the decision to remove streaming TV from our home. Back then I was a news junkie so when the TV went off, I turned on AM radio! I am not certain of the exact time that I decided that I needed to stop listening to that as well, but it happened before I found Moody radio in February of 2011.

When I reflect back on how much time I spent getting riled up about the things of the world I realize that much more why the Bible has so much advice against getting caught up in the ways and single events of the world. 

The main source of news I get these days is honestly through Facebook. For the most part I am blessed to have friends that post nothing but positive stuff or family stuff. I do know a few other business owners so sometimes I see a plug for someone's business or ministry. None of that brings me down. But when something big in the news pops up, I begin to see posts on it. 

I do not know what happened exactly and I don't need to know all the details for I know the true source of it all. With that being said, this morning I saw a post regarding 10 people being shot and of those 3 people lost their lives. I have seen posts regarding race and color and police so I know it can't be good, because I also know it is of this world!

When man fell, the world fell and as time proceeds, things are not getting better, they are truly getting worse. Those of us who understand that we are outnumbered when it comes to those who know the LORD and those who don't, see fully how evil is winning the game. 

Sadly many who know the Word, don't pay attention to His teaching. Perhaps they view some of the things He taught as cold or not applying to them but it applies to us all and if the entire world was capable of hearing and following, well, we'd be as close to living in paradise as one could be in a fallen world. However, that is not the reality of things. 

The majority of Christians in this world are not followers of Christ. They may have accepted Him as LORD and Savior themselves, but they are not following or even truly trying.to follow Him. 

Our focus is on color and race and political parties to this day! Sadly, it will remain there until we shift our focus on the truth. We are all brothers and sisters. Even in the same family brothers and sisters don't look exactly the same. We have mixtures of hair and eye color. Could you imagine this world if instead of the color of skin, we focused on the color of hair or eyes? It is petty and it is just another distraction designed to take our focus off the truth! What is truth? That is a famous question asked over 2000 years ago by a man named Pontius Pilate

This is the famous conversation that led to this very question of just what is truth:

First Roman Trial Before Pilate
Matthew 27:2, 11-14; Mark 15: 1-5; Luke 23: 1-5

[28] Then they led Jesus from Caiaphas into the Praetorium, and it was early; and they themselves did not enter into the Praetorium so that they would not be defiled, but might eat the Passover. [29] Therefore Pilate went out to them and said, "What accusation do you bring against this Man?" [30] They answered and said to him, "If this Man were not an evildoer, we would not have delivered Him to you." [31] So Pilate said to them, "Take Him yourselves, and judge him according to your law." The Jews said to him, "We are not permitted to put anyone to death," [32] to fulfill the word of Jesus which He spoke, signifying by what kind of death He was about to die. [33] Therefore Pilate entered again into the Praetorium, and summoned Jesus and said to Him, "Are You the King of the Jews?" [34] Jesus answered, "Are you saying this on your own initiative, or did others tell you about Me?" [35] Pilate answered, "I am not a Jew, am I? Your own nation and the chief priests delivered You to me; what have You done?" [36] Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm." [37] Therefore Pilate said to Him, "So You are a king?" Jesus answered, "You say correctly that I am a king. For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice." [38] Pilate said to Him, "What is truth?" (John 18:28-38, NASB)

"I am the way, the truth, and the life" Jesus (John 14:6, NASB)

When I see crazy stuff happening in the world and I know in my heart the cause of the craziness, I fall to my knees and pray. I know that this evil event will in turn prosper more evil. No one is the winner of this warfare. We must bow our heads and pray. 

Just like our politicians that want us to blame "The other party". It is a ploy. It is a 'look at this hand' move. Satan is the puppet master. We are all so busy trying to figure out how to stop crimes against humanity of all kinds. The blame game will continue to the end of the age. It started all the way back with Adam and Eve and it has only increased in intensity ever since. Back then it was not about color or race or political party, it was man against woman. 

Our only true defense against the enemy is the truth and keeping our focus on it. In the Word we read about this very fact. 

We must recognize our true enemy. We must pray against him and his minions! 

The world will come against us in this effort but we must stand firmly planted in our faith, keeping our focus on what the Word tells us to focus on and not what the world tries to control us by!

Point #1:

[10] Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. [11] Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. [12] For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. [13] Therefore, take up the ;full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. [14] Stand firm therefore, HAVING GIRDED YOUR LOINS WITH TRUTH, and HAVING PUT ON THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, [15] and having shod YOUR FEET WITH THE PREPARATION OF THE GOSPEL OF PEACE; [16] in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. [17] And take THE HELMET OF SALVATION, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. [18] With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints, [19] and pray on my behalf, that utterance may be given to me in the opening of my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel, [20] for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in proclaiming it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak. (Ephesians 6:10-20, NASB)

Point #2: Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. (Philippians 4:8, NASB)

You see, the world wants us to focus on the tragedy, yet the Word promises us plenty of tragedy will befall humanity! After this quite pointed guarantee that tribulation will come, the Word points us to hope:

Point #3: [32] "Behold, an hour is coming, and has already come, for you to be scattered, each to his own home, and to leave Me; and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me. [33] These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." (John 16:32-33, NASB)

As believers we know this truth. We know what is going on here in Dallas, as well as all around the world where evil is taking the lives of innocents, is part of the Spiritual warfare that has been going on since the fall. 

It is clear where our power is. It is not in talks. It is not in blame. It is not in man's control. It is the result of living in a fallen world. 

Our power is in knowing who we are in Christ. It is in standing firm in that belief and going to our war room. 

Yes we are going to see more hate violence. It is clear we are outnumbered, but that does not mean we stop doing what is right. Our power and our fight is not found in the flesh, let us not become so distracted that we forget this truth!

Father, more and more and more, I feel we are at the end times. I think to myself can it get worse and I am certain it can and it will for I have read the final book in the Bible. I pray that those who have found you turn to you in prayer each day asking for provision and protection and for eyes to be opened and ears to be unclogged. Please Father in your word you tell us that the harvest is plenty and you make mention that there are too few workers. I pray that you raise an army LORD, raise them up! Call out to your soldiers born for this purpose Father. Call them loudly, shake them to their core so that they awaken to your call. We are outnumbered but You are our source of power. Give those of us listening the strength to call upon you, to keep focused, to wage in this war of darkness that seems to be overtaking the world in all corners. We need you Father, please answer our call and touch the hearts of those that believe they already know you and strengthen them in their faith! In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Wendy Glidden, walks with God, mom of many

© Wendy Glidden 2016












No comments: