Friday, October 21, 2016

If Not Us ~ Who? (Revamped 11/1/2022)

When I hear people say they don't go to church, I think in my head, "Do you not know one single friend that is a follower of Christ?" For the church is not a building, it is the people that have been called together by God.

"The New Testament uses the Greek word ekklesia (literally, 'called out ones') for Church, referring to those who are called together by God. The word always specifies people ~ the followers of Jesus ~ not buildings." (Jeremiah, David, p. 321)

I think it is important for us to remember that Jesus did not send His disciples into the church, He sent them into the world. We have a calling to share the gospel of truth with the world, not to mingle inside a safe building with fellow believers, keeping the good news all to ourselves in fear of what mortal man may think of us.

Yes, it is true that the belief of God these days comes with a stigma of various sorts. Some call us weak and make the claim that we need to conjure up some supernatural source to help us get through life. Others claim that we are hypocrites due to the amount of those who call themselves Christian but do not actually walk in the word. In my mind, these are all strategies that have been implemented by the father of lies. What better way to get others to see the true Church as untrustworthy than to create a false church to confuse the masses.

The word of God helps us to know the difference, but if you aren't reading the word for yourself, how would you ever know what you are looking for? The biggest thing you are looking for is a difference. One can claim to know God, but if they are always stressing through every life event, they are not walking in the word.

There is something that happens to the true believer, they are able to find rest in the storm. Even in the midst of major battle, they are certain of one thing, "God has them." They might not know the end result, but they trust that something good will be produced.

Wouldn't it be nice when travesty hits to be able to sit back and trust in God; to not lose sleep fretting over the final outcome? This is a promise of God that is delivered the moment you finally understand that He is the one who will fight your battles here in the world. The enemy attacks the believer through a variety of ways; personal and legal. We must remember that our fight is not truly against flesh and blood, but rather against a spiritual realm that in many ways is more real than anything we can see with our own eyes.

My biggest weapon in battle is my faith and in prayer. Praying calms my heart, reminding me that my strength comes from the LORD. Even before I gave my life to Him, He had me covered in miraculous ways. This is obvious from the reading of my true life story. Once I gave my life to Him and began to seek Him daily, my faith was increased in the craziest of ways. I often say that I was allowed to cheat my way to such faith for God has sent angels to sing to me, to speak to me; He has enshrined objects in heavenly lights for me so that I cannot miss them. He has shown His glory to me and I cannot deny Him. I know how much He loves you. I know how much He loves me. His biggest gift to us all was free will. This is both a blessing and a burden for humanity. We have the choice to refuse to accept Jesus Christ into our hearts, to deny that He is the son of God, to insist that He is not the only way to eternal life, but in this act, we are missing out on an abundant life.

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. (John 14:6, NASB)

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly." (John 10:10, NASB)

The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart exults, And with my song I shall thank Him. (Psalm 28:7, NASB)



As the church, we must step out into the world just as the early disciples did. We must remember that this world is under the rule of the evil one and while he has been conquered, he does have power against those who are not fully dressed in their full suit of armor. For the most part he is happy with the way in which the world is going. Many even admit that the world is going to hell in a hand-basket, yet they never truly ponder why. I know why; we have fallen so far away from God as a society. There was a time when God was in everything including our schools. Now so many children grow up believing in nothing or worse believing that God is dead. This is a major travesty that the church must at least try to reverse. You may ask yourself what you can do. You may use the excuse that you are just one person. Well, I say to you, Paul of Tarsus was just one person as well! Don't ask yourself what you can do ~ instead ask God to use you in mighty ways and then be prepared to move as directed. 

I never intended to open my closet full of skeletons and share them so openly with the world, but in doing so, countless lives have been touched. People have thanked me for helping them learn how to talk to God. I didn't do that ~ I am just a girl. God did that through me. 

Today, if you are struggling with anything, I beg you to purchase my book and begin your journey to an abundant life. Simply click here to be taken directly to my personal store where buying my book is simplified. May you be blessed immensely in the reading. 

God has a purpose for us all. He gave me a message for the world, "You are worthy too!" after all, The Proof is in the Pudding.

Father, I come before you asking that you use me in greater ways. That the story and message you put on my heart to share with the world be heard in greater volume. May those feeling empty stumble upon my message from you to them. May their eyes and ears be opened to the truth. May they begin to recognize the enemy at work in their lives and in turn call upon you for help. May they learn that you are our strength and our shield. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.

Wendy, mom of many, walks with God.

References:

Jeremiah, David. (2012). Discovery, experiencing God's word day by day. San Diego, CA. Thomas Nelson Publishing


MacArthur, John. (2006). The MacArthur Study Bible. LaHabra, CA. The Lockman Foundation

No comments: