Tuesday, October 18, 2016

The Right Direction

When I was a child, I believed in God, but I had no idea just how faithful He is. I think one of the reasons it is so important for those that follow Christ to truly follow His teaching is because we are the only living source in the flesh on the face of the earth that could possibly point someone in the right direction.

Now you may ask yourself, "What is the 'right' direction?". The right direction is pointing them to God. 


I recently had a conversation with someone that informed me that they talked to God and had no need for Christ Jesus in the mix. There was a point in my life when I had no idea who Christ truly was and I might have uttered something as foolish myself back in those days. 

One thing that cannot be argued is that Scripture speaks truth. Often people will take a verse and use it out of context which is why it is so important for you to understand God's word for yourself. As you study His word you'll realize you have to read it in context. You have to know what was going on in the world at the time of the writing and so much more. Another great thing to remember is Scripture does not contradict itself so, if something is mentioned in one book, you should be able to find a verse in another book that speaks to this same truth. With that being said, Scripture tells us that Jesus Christ is the only way to eternal life.

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. (John 14:6, NASB)

AMoses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up; so that whoever [a]believes will in Him have eternal life. (John 3:14-15, NASB)

"And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved." (Acts 4:12, NASB)

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, (1 Timothy 2:5, NASB)
I can understand the resistance to accept someone as your LORD and Savior without researching this truth out for yourself. After all, it was in my seeking God that I discovered the truth in Christ. This didn't happen on its own. It happened because I was banging on that door. I needed desperately to find another way to live my life. What I had been doing for the last few decades had left me hopeless and empty. I had a decent life, but it was obvious to me that I was not living an abundant life. 
Today, I would encourage you to follow in my footsteps. Begin seeking God. I believe He in turn will point you to Christ Jesus and with the Holy Spirit at your side, your eyes will be opened to the truth. Pray for understanding and I will pray for you to gain understanding; to grow in faith, to find your way home. 
In the midst of my journey, God beckoned me to share my life story in print. I was horrified at the thought of fully opening my closet for all to judge me, but God reminded me that I had nothing to fear from man. In the end, I found myself in front of a blank screen and often I witnessed my hands moving faster than my brain could think and before I knew it, my story had been written in a way that only God could tell it. You know its something when you learn something from reading the story of your life. Often when dark days get the better of me, I open up my book and read a chapter. It reminds me of just how faithful God is even when we ourselves are not! 
If you have found yourself looking for more out of life. If you have found yourself longing for a better way, a bit of hope, or in need of some faith, I invite you into my world to read my story. It isn't all pretty, but it will hopefully help you in your journey to living an abundant life. You can purchase a copy by clicking here.
Father, today I pray that those who seek you have their eyes opened to the truth. I pray they gain understanding in all things. I pray that while they learn, that they are protected from the evil one and not delayed in their journey home. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.
Wendy, mom of many, girl who walks with God.

No comments: