Saturday, November 19, 2016

Don't Lose Faith!

I am not certain what the weather has been like for you, but here in Indiana we have enjoyed warmer than normal weather until today. Tonight I have fired up my furnace for the first time since last year. Prior to that my space heater has been sufficient enough to keep the night chill at bay. It was in reflecting how we literally went from the 70's to the 30's in a single day that I pondered on the truth that our circumstances can change dramatically in a day.

The Bible has a few things to say when it comes to the subject of how one should deal with each day.

We are told not to worry, we are reminded that tomorrow is something we need not focus upon, and we are assured that God has us covered each day:

(Matthew 6:34, NASB) So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

(2 Corinthians 10, NASB) And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness."

God urges us to keep our focus on Him knowing how shrewd the enemy is at distracting us. Instant change in one's life can throw a person off balance, distract them from their purpose and in the end, rob them of peace and joy. When we keep our focus on God, on His thoughts, His promises, His words, His blessings, when we continually give thanks, we are better equipped to stand firm when the storms, brutal as they may be, strike.

Whatever life circumstance you are facing today, don't lose faith in God's promises; He is faithful. While we don't always get the answer or outcome we were hoping for, but I can assure you that God works out things to the benefit of those who love Him.

(Romans 8:28, NASB) And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

I already knows God loves all of us, but do all of us love God? When you constantly reflect upon God and the blessings in your life, you will discover that you do indeed love and appreciate God; you will become thankful. Finding the silver linings in things becomes an easier task. Knowing that in each day, even the worst of days, there is a blessing to be found is life changing. It will draw you to share the love of God with others. When you life heads in this direction, sit back and be prepared to be used by God in ways you only dreamed of.

I make this claim, because this is something I have seen take place in my own life. I knew God as a kid, I ran from Him, viewed Him as my nemesis at times for years and then when I finally got to that place in life where I had no one but Him to call out to, everything changed. He spoke to me; literally. He drew me to curiosity about Him which drew me to His word. In studying, I came to know Christ. Understanding I had been forgiven all thanks to Christ, I was drawn, called forth to share my story. I have so much more to write and share but I have already published much of my life to date: You Are Worthy Too: The Proof is in the Pudding

All my life, I wanted to be a writer who helped God's people. While in my wildest dreams, I never thought the story I would write would be my own, it just goes to prove that God's promises are true. I have not lived a pure life. I have stumbled more than once. I used to hide these things from the world in fear of what others might think of me. That was until I came clean with God, repented and found myself forgiven. He showed me I truly had nothing to fear in opening my closet and revealing the skeletons that I had stashed. He actually used all that junk for good! Only God could pull off something as great as that! Today I pray that my true life story inspires you to seek the Kingdom of God for yourself ~ it is where your heart's desires will be filled; it is the key to living an abundant life. May you be blessed in the purchasing of my book!

Father, I am so thankful that you are faithful even when we are not. Thank you for allowing me to have the desires of my heart. These last few years have had amazing moments in them that are all to your glory. I pray that you expand my territory, that you explode my story, that I am a vessel that points others to you. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Wendy, Mom of Many, walks with God


No comments: