Friday, November 11, 2016

Time ~ It's a Big Subject!

In life we often hear people refer to the timing of things. Timing is even mentioned in the Bible:


For, There is one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and humanity-the man Christ Jesus. He gave his life to purchase freedom for everyone. This is the message God gave to the world at just the right time. ~ (1 Timothy 2:5-6, NLT)

Lately, the topic of time has been on my mind a lot. Here I am, 46 years old, and I am 18 weeks pregnant with my 11th baby. Thirty years ago, I was only 17 and at this time of the past, I was holding my first child in my arms. It is hard to believe that I have been a mother for 30 years now. One thing I have learned over the years is that no child is the same, yet they all go through various stages that are the same. The other thing that I have learned over the course of my lifetime is that every baby belongs to God and they are simply blessings in our lives. If we point them back to the Father and instruct them in His ways, we have armored our children to the best of our ability. Every human being has their own spiritual battles that they will face. If we don't teach our children about spiritual warfare, we are leaving them defenseless against the enemy of humanity; Satan himself. 

Today, we live in a world that is so disconnected from God and His truths, His word, that it is almost scary. Satan has done a great job at driving God out of every area of our lives as well as connecting the mention of God with Religious fanatics. He has taken the subject of love and diminished its value. God is love so this tactic only makes sense. Religion is something that God Himself is and was never a fan of. God is about relationship. He wants you to know Him. He already knows you. He has known you since the beginning of time. 

I very much believe that we are living in the end of the end times. I know that all will play out according to God's timing, so I do not fear the future. I know that God can cloak me from the enemy until it is my time to perish so I do not fear death. I know the enemy is cruel beyond imagination so I do not fear the way in which I may exit this world, for I know what awaits me on the other side. It is that very knowledge that is the key to my freedom. I used to fear what man thought of me. I think we all face this fear during our lives. We worry about what others think and say about us. This is a tactic of the evil one to keep us in our place and far from our purpose. When we learn who we are in Christ. When we come to understand that we are loved children of God, our lives change.

It has been said for centuries that the time is at hand, but those words have never had more truth behind them then today. If you can honestly look at the world and all that is going on and think to yourself that all is well, then I am certain you are completely blind. Regardless of when Jesus returns, one thing is certain; we all have a certain number of days on this earth. Once those days run out, we will all face God individually. Seeing how this is a certainty, don't you think it would be in your best interest to actually search out God for yourself. Don't allow yourself to be manipulated by the thoughts of others towards God, take the time to seek Him on your own. Take this assignment seriously. Don't just call out once and decide He does not exist because you don't get an immediate reply. Tell Him you want to know Him and ask for His help in this task. Find a Bible you can understand. One that is really easy to understand is "The Message" version. I myself prefer the New American Standard Bible, but often I have found that "The Message" version is extremely simplified. If you don't have time to do word studies, etc, then seek out "The Message" Bible to see what God has to say about you and life. 

The Bible is compiled of 66 books and they are all tied together. For those who have never picked up the Bible, I would suggest that you begin with the Gospel of John. He paints the best picture of just who Jesus truly is. From there, seek the teacher of the Word (The Holy Spirit) for what you should read next. Whatever you do, do not stop reading this book. It is a vital part of your armor against the evil one. If you don't have the time to purchase a Bible, there are plenty of Bible apps available these days so honestly, you are without excuse in this area. 

I would also advise you that as you begin this journey that you make prayer a daily habit. When you seek God, you will gain the enemies attention. He does not want you to build a relationship with your Heavenly Father, so as you reach out, he is certain to attack. Every morning pray for protection over yourself and your family and friends. Pray for discernment. Pray to be able to decipher the lies of the enemy from the truths of the LORD. This may sound silly but as you grow in the word, you will have your eyes open to the truths of the spiritual realm that surrounds us all. I will be praying for you as well.

Father, I have always felt that I live in an age of something bigger than myself. I have been drawn to you from childhood and while it is true that they enemy got the better of me for decades, it is also just as true that when I got on my knees and welcomed your will into my life, you have protected me in amazing ways that can only be classified as miracles. I am coming up to the anniversary of the house fire where I died and you breathed life back into me. I know these days that I live are a blessing a gift for I should not be here today and yet I am. Thank you for giving me life. Thank you for your intercession. Thank you for all you do for me. I pray that more of my brothers and sisters seek you out. That they come to you for wisdom and protection. As you did in my life, reveal your glory to them as well so that more and more of them awake from this deep slumber. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

On that note, I leave you with a link to a number one hit whose words come directly out of the Bible itself: Turn! Turn! Turn! (A time for every season)



Wendy, mom of many, walks with God

© Wendy Glidden 2016






No comments: