Wednesday, December 28, 2016

The Greatest Gift of ALL!


This year for Christmas, my grandma gave me money and told me I needed to spend it on only me and asked that I buy something that I truly wanted. Sadly, what I truly want for Christmas and each day for that matter is not for sale!

In the Bible, we read of a man who wanted the power of the Holy Spirit for himself and he was so ecstatic over what he had witnessed, that he offered money to the disciples of Jesus Christ to purchase it! Of course, he learned very quickly that the gift of the Holy Spirit is not for sale!

What I long for is indeed the gift of freedom to be discovered for every individual that walks the face of the earth. It is so crazy to understand that it is available for free to anyone who seeks it, but in the same fell swoop it seems to be the most illusive gift of all in the world.

Is Satan truly so clever that he has managed to move his pawns into place blinding the majority of the world to the truth of God? He is shrewd indeed for even Jesus tells us this! He obviously is out to destroy mankind's relationship with God for that is self evident within the third chapter of Genesis. With one read through Job, there again, we should be left with no doubt that it is his desire to get us to curse God and denounce Him.

God tells us several things about Satan, but the clearest description of his desire can be found in the Gospel of John:

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly. (John 10:10, NASB)

Here we see a double guarantee: 

1. The thief (Satan and all his minions) came to steal, kill and destroy.
2. Jesus came so that we may not only have life, but that we may live life abundantly.

Now abundance does not mean monetary wealth. It means that we have access to the blessings of the Spirit while living our current lives. I have been accused by a nonbeliever that I am focused on my life to come. That is so far from the truth. I don't focus on that, I know what is to come. What I do focus on is the truth and that truth is this: I once was a slave to Satan. Held captive by my sins. Convinced that I was unworthy of God's forgiveness and love. I was right where the enemy wanted me; bound.

You see, I have come to learn that every person in the world does not meet God in their youth, but I did. I walked, talked, dreamt, and laughed with Him. I had big plans in regards to helping His people come to discover Him and His way of life. I had already witnessed such sorrow in the world and in the same fell swoop, I had come to discover abundant bliss in the midst of hanging out with God. I wanted that for everyone in the world. I still want it for everyone in the world. 

However, just as Satan connived Eve into seeking her own path in life, Satan did the same to me. My guilt over things I did in the pursuit of happiness while knowing full well they were against God's wishes only bound me in greater ways. I went from a girl who loved to hang out with God to a girl who believed He was no longer her friend. In truth, I was not being a friend to God. 

All that changed in a moment during a life event that literally dropped me to my knees. The amazing thing about truly seeking out God's will in your life is He introduces you to His son; Christ Jesus. The amazing thing about Christ is He teaches you all about God! Getting to know God in deeper ways will lead you to living an abundant life, despite all that the evil one throws your way. 

Today, my prayer for you is that you discover Christ Jesus. I pray you discover how to live abundantly in this fallen world. 

Should you be curious to learn about my walk with God, I encourage you to check out "You Are Worthy Too: The Proof is in the Pudding!"

As you begin to read my story, may you come to recognize the spiritual warfare that is taking place all around you. I pray as you learn, you begin to discover your armor and become a mighty warrior for the Kingdom of God! In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Wendy Glidden, mom of many, girl who walks with God

© Wendy Glidden 2016

No comments: