Monday, January 16, 2017

The Only Way to Win!

Today is January 16, 2017. According to my Renew Your Mind Calendar, it is Marvelously Magnificent Miraculous Monday! Today I am so thankful that I can discern a spiritual attack when it is coming full force at me. To say that last week had some brutal battles in it would be an understatement.

I can not imagine how things might have gone down did I not know that I am forgiven, that I am a saint, that the father of lies is our biggest accuser. He used to come at me in thoughts, referred to as flaming arrows in Scripture. I carried around so much regret and guilt that I was like a puppet in his hands. That very thing is what drives me to share the message of grace, the gospel of peace and hope with others. I once was literally a slave to the evil one, I allowed myself to be bound by all my mistakes. This is not the life that God intended us to live. Far from it!

Through my walk with God and as I became acquainted with Christ, the evil one changed the battle strategy against me. Now that he could not directly convince me that his lies were real, He came at me in my dreams. He has dragged me to court and so much more. As I faced each battle, I never forgot where my strength came from. This is not to say that I did not cry or fall to my knees multiple times. The battle is real. Don't think it is not. It's why so many find themselves trapped in depression at times so deeply that suicide appears to be the only way out.



Another way that the evil one comes at you in battle is through loved ones; those best able to make a chink in your armor. I have said it before, "If you are not a warrior for Christ Jesus, then you are a moveable pawn for the evil one."

In waves over the course of the last two and a half years, the evil one has used a particular person more than all others combined against me. Yesterday the battle climaxed having begun days prior. It is to date one of the worst that I have been dragged into. I went to church and asked for prayers; I understand the power of them. It is why it is so important to surround yourself with fellow believers. The enemy loves nothing more than to seclude you. There will be times in your life where you need the prayers of others, it does something that nothing else does.

After church, the assault reared its ugly head again. It was as if it was making one final effort, but I had gone to my source of strength; I had stoked my own fire. I had brothers and sisters in faith praying over me, I was being encircled with a field of protection so great that it forced all negativity and noise right out of my life literally.

Within four hours of leaving church, I found myself completely alone with God. Every single distraction had been removed. It was in all essence, heaven. I sat and pondered on God and just how incredible He is.

Yes, there is an enemy to humanity in this world. Yes, He seeks to steal, kill and destroy. But He who is in me is greater than He who is in the world!

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly." (John 10:10, NASB)

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.  By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.  You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world. (John 4:1-4, NASB)

Today, I encourage you to seek the one who can truly protect you from the evil one and all his ploys to destroy you. The world is growing colder and darker. Evil is amping. It has worked long and hard to take out those who love the LORD. I know he is coming after me because of the current book I am working on. He seeks to shut down anyone who is fighting to wake up their fallen brothers and sisters. The harder he comes at me, the more I lean on the LORD, the more I see His power is indeed greater, the more bold I become in proclaiming the good news. What he means for evil, my Father in heaven will use for good. I've seen this promise come to fruition time and time again. 

Recently, I have been gifting an electronic version of my book to someone each week. The messages I have gotten back are blessings of encouragement to keep sharing all God reveals to me. If you think you might be in a battle and are seeking a movie or a good book that might remove the clouds of darkness but for even a moment, one that might perhaps even leave you wiser to the evil one and just how powerful our God is, then please treat yourself to my story. It's only $3.99 and you can download it today by clicking here.

Father, thank you for your protection and provision. You truly amaze me and I am forever grateful. I pray that more and more come to know you the way I do. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Wendy, walks with God, mom of many.

© Wendy Glidden 2017

No comments: