Wednesday, April 12, 2017

The Final Countdown

Here I am on April 12th still pregnant. My due date for this little bundle of joy was back on April 4th. For those of us who have been given due dates in the past, we understand that they are a close guesstimate of when the baby should arrive. I was really hoping that things would go according to my plans and this little guy would arrive during spring break. Obviously that is not how things have played out.

I try to just breath every day which is a bit difficult with a baby inside of you who is hogging up your lung capacity. Yesterday, I actually broke down into tears. I am beyond uncomfortable. My body hurts and I am ready to be carrying this baby in my arms rather than inside of me. I didn't cry long, just a few exasperated tears.

I go to the doctor today at 4:10 to see how things are going. Because I am 48 years old and one week overdue, today I will also be hooked up to monitors and have a fetal stress test performed. My doctor mentioned last week that we are going to have to look at inducing if I did not go into labor on my own prior to this visit. While I truly wanted to go on my own, I have to admit having a true final date for this pregnancy is what I want.

It is times like this in life that I find it the most difficult to keep my focus on the LORD and His will in my life. I find I am like a child crying out instead of an adult waiting patiently upon Him. As my emotions have attempted to bubble over, I have tried to remind myself of things found in the word of God to calm myself. The one that comes to mind the most is found in my favorite Psalm, Psalm 46, specifically verse 10:


This verse reminds me that He is in control.

Today I urge all who are staring at the days ahead and losing their focus as I have found myself doing lately to also remember to put their trust and hope in Him. I keep telling myself that it is all in God's timing. Most of the time that does the trick. Like you, I am human and am prone to moments of tears and frustration. This is just one of many reasons we are called to pray for one another! Be blessed my sisters and brothers in Christ and continue to be a blessing in the lives of others.

Wendy, mom of many, walks with God

© Wendy Glidden 2017



No comments: