Friday, May 19, 2017

When Trouble Comes!

Even though it shouldn't catch me by surprise, I find myself often in awe of just what a little bit of pondering upon God, His ways, His words, can do for your mindset and in the end, your level of energy, optimism and outlook upon your life.

Today I face a lot. I have a 31 day old baby at home who I am breastfeeding, meaning a lot of my day is devoted to sitting and feeding him. Along with him, there are 5 more children under my roof all of whom are home schooled. Granted there day is planned out by the virtual charter school they are enrolled in, but there is a lot of stuff I have to help out with as well. On top of this, as all housemom's know, I am in charge of meals, cleaning, refereeing, and so much more!

With that being said, those who are my friends on social media know that recently, I was contacted by child services in regards to a call they received. It seems some concerned citizen found an issue with a couple of my children taking off their shoes while playing outside. To make matters worse, they were also seen looking through the items that had been removed from 6 vacant homes in our division. As delightful Delilah explained when I questioned her, "We were looking through treasure!" The caller felt that this activity put their lives in danger even though this 'dump' area looks like a disorganized garage sale! Another reason for this report was this concerned citizen was worried that my children were not in school as they had seen them playing outside prior to the school bus dropping off the other children in the neighborhood.

While all of these charges may seem ridiculous to my generation, unless you have experienced the government contacting you with a charge of neglect, you cannot fathom what this does to one's heart. Even though I knew in truth, I am not a neglectful parent; my children always come first in my home, I was still freaked out by the call. I had to schedule a home visit and each child was to have a personal interview with the caseworker. In the end, I reacted to this attack as I do all attacks; I requested all believers to pray for social justice over my case. I tried not to worry as I reminded myself that God had me covered.

This is part of why diving into the word of God on a regular basis is so beneficial to your outlook. One of the passages I read, included this:

For he will conceal me there when troubles come; he will hide me in his sanctuary. He will place me out of reach on a high rock. (Psalm 27:5, NLT) 



As parents, we live in scary times. Almost anything can be viewed as neglect. My own parents would have been thrown in jail for such charges. My brother and I were pretty adventurous in our days! While I didn't really need to be hidden per say, I did feel the need to be protected from the evils in this world. After all, a caseworker is a human being. They have the final say in whether or not to charge you with neglect or as in my case, to close your case finding no fault. 

Today, I encourage you to stay in the word each and every day. Not only will it energize you, it will keep your mind from worry. God is great and He loves us. Grasp that and you will be doing well!

Father, I have so much to thank you for. My cup truly does runneth over. I am blessed in knowing I am blessed. How cool is that! Thank you for everything. Thank you. In Jesus name I pray.

Wendy, mom of many, walks with God

© Wendy Glidden 2017



No comments: