Sunday, October 7, 2018

Getting 'Fit'

Sometimes as things unfold in my life I have to giggle. All week I have been working toward becoming fit in multiple ways again. I not only committed to working on my walk with God, I also made a commitment to get physically back into shape. It's been eight years since I fell with Jeffrey and massively hurt myself. Several injuries have since taken place and thanks to a recent MRI I now know that my spinal chord is actually pinched at my neck. This causes my brain to tell me that my arm has been ripped away from my shoulder, which isn't true, but convince my mind of that!

I am rounding the corner to 50 years old and it amazes me that in thought I see myself as 16. You can only imagine how crushed I am when I look in the mirror (laughing). I am blessed in not having grown one gray hair to date, but I am not happy with how much weight I have added to my frame with the births of my last three children.

I know that through eating healthy and getting physically fit that my body hurts less. I am ready to make progress in that area and I'm not stopping this time until I reach my goal. That means this time next year I will be back to size 8 jeans, I'll be able to play sports competitively with my children, and I'll be more comfortable in my own skin.

Alongside setting a physically fit goal, I am getting back into shape spiritually. That brings me to this Sunday's message from the pulpit which lined up with exactly what I felt God was telling me this week. It's time to get back to business.

I recently switched my home church to one that is only 3 minutes up the road. That move was mostly due to the fact that my car is on its last leg and I can only push it 10 miles here and there right now. Anything else causes it to overheat and I'm simply not willing to blow its engine. I have done all I can to address the situation and to date have been unable to get any help with this particular issue. It will simply have to wait for now. This vehicle malfunction took place the same week that the church I now attend introduced itself to my neighborhood by bringing dinner, drinks, games and an open invitation to check them out. While it is true that my walk with God wasn't in its greatest shape this summer, one thing I didn't give up was fellowship. Hanging out with others who have faith is vital.

With that being said, here I was in the front row listening to the message that getting spiritually fit involved getting physically fit. It was as if God was confirming what I had already felt in my heart this last week. When the message from church is the message from home, you know you are in the right place. I officially have no doubt that Westfield Friends is where I'll be on Sunday until God moves me again.

I am excited that the goal of this new church also involves evangelism. It is after all my dream to help others escape the bondage of slavery. If you are at a point in your life when you at moments question your purpose in life or have moments of self doubt, you are most likely being held captive.

I was held captive for years, decades, without understanding that I was even being held in captivity. To say that Satan is sly is a complete understatement. That is one of the things that reading my book reveals; Satan behind the scene working diligently against me. Admittedly for years, he didn't have to work very hard for I was a willing participant when it came to my enslavement. It is no wonder Jesus reminds us of Satan's shrewdness.

If you are looking for a better life, a more joyful demeanor regardless of your day, I suggest you purchase a copy of my book and begin removing the cloak of confusion that you may be living under. It only costs $9.99 in print and $3.99 in kindle format. That's a pretty cheap investment for a life change. No matter what, I promise you will view the world around you in a different way.

Father, again I come before you drawing a full circle around the goals that I feel you have placed in my heart. Life long desires of mine that you have rekindled once again. I know you love me and I  know you know the desire of my heart. Today I come boldly before you and ask once again that you increase my territory, that you bring readers to my page, that you put it on their hearts to purchase my book, draw my audience in Father, you know who you had me write my book for. I am ready to serve you completely in any way you come at me. Generate the momentum, let the tipping point come, increase my book sales, bring my story to light. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Wendy, Mom of many, girl who walks with God.

(c)

No comments: