Thursday, October 24, 2013

Rejoice!

Totally Tripping Tremendously Thankful Thoroughly Thoughtful Thursday! Today I am thankful I was able to keep my wits about me last night and in complete darkness while freezing, along with God's help, solve the mystery of no electricity and was able to get the heat back on. I must admit when I finished, I shot Mike a text and at first I was laughing. I think it would have to be classified as relief laughter which is also known as hysteria and then I immediately burst into tears. I miss him. He is my MacGyver. Had he been home, I could have rested under the warm blankets knowing he would fix the problem. Many might be surprised to know when Mike has a big problem on his hands he calls upon the Lord for help. I have witnessed him be against a wall and then pray and end up doing amazing things and you just know that wisdom to accomplish that task came from the Lord. There is simply no denying it. Not having him here to lean on pains me. I still have to fix the bigger problem because I am only able to run the heat right now. No lights, no TV, nothing but heat. However, when it boils right down to it, heat is the most important of those. I did cry out to God myself for help with getting the heat back on as I crawled around in the dark wondering where a flash light might be. I thank Him for showing me what to do last night for indeed it was as if a light bulb went off in my head and I just tried what came to me out of nowhere. Sure enough it worked. God in one fell swoop showed me both that He would always have me covered yet life is surely easier with a help mate to lean on.

I found an old CD that I had purchased over a year ago after service on a Sunday. A christian folk singer named Rick Stump had led our song worship that morning and I loved everything he sang. I was so thrilled to have stumbled upon it again. I had just wondered where it might be the other day. You see, for the last few weeks I have only had the girls 'One Girl Nation' Cd to listen to for music. I can get Moody radio to come in but that is it in the car. When going to an event at the children's school, I had put Jeffrey on the trunk of the car to put on his shoes and he broke my antenna and promptly yanked it all the way out! Somehow I managed to get it in far enough to pick up one radio station! The only station it will pick up is Moody Radio. I find that so funny because when we bought that car, every station was programmed to Moody Radio and that is how I found and fell in love with them! God gave me that car and through it is how I came to own the RV that I am living in right now. Long stories that I have yet to share. So much writing I need to get to. I keep wondering when God is going to allow me more time to simply write. My life is so busy and if it were not for the Lord I would be so lost right now. That is the biggest thing I am thankful for. My relationship with the Lord. Anyway, when traveling in the car with all the children, listening to a talk program is not always easy. I loved to turn on K-Love during those times but that station will not come in! With another CD to listen to and be it one I hadn't heard for over a year, I was thrilled as we headed off to the laundry mat last night with our new tunes. I love the whole CD. I am hoping I can find some of his stuff on You Tube so I can share. Anyway, half way there, the song, 'Made to Fall' came on and when Mike and I have our reception celebration, this will be the song we dance to. Alas, the songs I want are not on YouTube. I did find him on Facebook. I have liked his page and sent a message. We'll see where that goes.

**** I was sidetracked as often happens, but all of a sudden I knew how to rework things to get my RV chargers going again so my well pump will stay on and my lights will work. I also managed to get the TV running again. Life is good when you give your troubles to God! This morning has been so busy I just now opened my email box and read K-Loves encouraging word for the day. So fitting for Thankful Thursday!

Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again-rejoice! ~ Philippians 4:4, NLT

I am suddenly laughing again for I do feel like rejoicing. My God is bigger. I am kept safe and all my needs are met. I love my Father in Heaven. I cannot imagine a life without faith. Just knowing He always has me is so comforting. Even in the middle of the night when darkness prevails, my God still can turn on the light so to speak! If I never manage to get anything else instilled in my children, I pray they pick up on how awesome our God is and how having a relationship with the Lord and accepting His Lordship over their life is the only true way to live. 

I love Philippians for that is where I get my comeback when my teenybopper says 'whatever'. Allow me to share more of this Book and Chapter as it is so good it deserves a deeper dive. Plus who knows perhaps you have a teenybopper at home too that loves to throw out the 'whatever'. This is the best comeback to that!

With that being shared, allow me to share, straight from my MacArthur Study Bible, Out of the Book of Philippians, Chapter 4 verse 4 through verse 9:

verse 4: Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!

verse 5: Let your gentle spirit be know to all men. The Lord is near. 

verse 6: Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

verse 7: And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

verse 8: Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell in these things.

verse 9: The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Just makes me beam as brightly as the sun when I read such encouraging words. As I typed be anxious for nothing, I saw myself last night as I had to deal with the electrical issues. I was able to keep my head about me because I called upon the Lord and remained calm. I am so thankful for the capability to be able to trust in the Lord with all my heart. I am so blessed to have the faith I do. I truly believe it is due to my seeking and His faithfulness that my faith is as big as it is. That means all who seek truly will find for our Father is a giving, loving Father and his promises ring true. I suggest you take the time to search Him out. It will be the wisest thing you ever do!

Father I come to you with laughter and a song in my heart. You are so faithful. Thank you for keeping my babies warm through the night. Thank you for hope and faith and love. Thank you for your words of wisdom that encourage me to press on even when in my own strength I say 'This mountain is too big!' and I fall to a moment of weakness. Thank you for picking me up and carrying me the instant I call out to you. My prayer today is for all who are without hope or faith and are fumbling in the dark cursing the obstacles in their path. May they come to know that you are there. May they begin to seek you out and lean upon you and discover how faithful you always are. In turn may they share their own stories and become workers that spread the good news. In Jesus name I pray. Amen

Wendy, Walks with God
Mom of Many

© Wendy Glidden 2013



No comments: