Friday, February 13, 2015

Breaking Chains!

Today is fantastically fun filled friends and family Friday. I named it friends and family so that my focus would be on everyone. I have friends that don’t see themselves as my brother or sister in Christ. In my mind they just haven’t had their eyes opened to the truth yet. This world is loud. It is so overwhelming and fast and full of crap in all reality that most of us have never sat still long enough to have heard God speak to them, yet He speaks to all of us in one way or another.

No one is without excuse we are told within God’s word. He chases us. He has given us daily evidence of his existence, yet so many refuse to acknowledge him on a daily basis and many refuse to acknowledge him at all! I prefer to show where in God’s word I find such things. This truth can be found in the Book of Romans in the New Testament:

For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities ~ his eternal power and divine nature have been clearly seen being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse. Romans 1:20 (NIV)

Once we come to know who we are in Christ, we should feel compelled to share the gospel, this gift of pure freedom, with everyone we come across. We need to share the love of God with the world, allowing His light to shine through us as we are also advised to do in God’s Word:

No one has ever seen God. But if we love each other, God lives in us, and his love is brought to full expression in us. ~ 1 John 4:12 (NLT)

God gave us the greatest gift a father could give His children. He allotted us free will. FREE WILL. This means we are FREE to choose how we want to live. I think a lot of people run from the Word of God because they don’t want to live according to the instructions laid out in His Word.

In religion, much like the Pharisees in the past, our teachers pound the law in hopes of changing the behavior of their followers. Christ taught by example. He lived the law. He also expounded the law and the so called teachers hated him for it. Why you may ask? Well because they enjoyed their positions. They enjoyed their power. Power can be quite a dangerous thing. I am certain all of us have witnessed those in authoritive positions that abuse their power.

What I love about reading God’s Word is that I understand that there is nothing I can do or say that will save me. It is not by works that I am saved, it is by grace through faith! Nothing more!

For it is by grace you have been saved through faith ~ and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God ~ not by works, so that no one can boast. ~ Ephesians 2:8-9

This morning on my way to an artist friend I met in jail, I was praying over several friends, binding the powers of Satan under the authority of Christ. I was mentally breaking chains and fervently praying in the Spirit. Visually I saw a hand that was cuffed to a chain, much like one would be found if they were in shackles and I was waving the sword of the spirit. The vision was so bold I questioned if I was to draw it and I even went as far as to ask God if he was going to give me another talent! When I shared this vision with the friend I was going to see, she said, “Get out of here!” She had just drawn something close to what I described to her!



I know without a doubt that she has been placed in my life for a purpose. Tracy is someone I met during my infamous 17 days in jail. She is also the one I mentioned in a previous blog and as of today she is who I have asked to be my maid of honor when Mike and I officially tie the knot in the eyes of the world.

I have called Mike my husband ever since we said our vows in front of only God. We had been together for one year and I was actually still legally married to someone else who had left me for another woman. I actually went to God and sought His blessing. This is the one and only person I have ever gone to God over when it comes to the matters of the heart. It is why I have gone to God over my relationship with Mike again and again.

Recently I became a member of New Hope Ministries. I desperately want to go back into the jail and minister to women. However, New Hope requires those in leadership positions to walk the VERY Narrow road. This brings me to Mike and I. While I consider him my husband in every way, the government and the world would not see it that way. Much like getting baptized after you accept Christ is a signal to the world that you are dedicated to the Lord, getting officially married under man’s laws will signal to the world where Mike and I stand in regards to one another.

I am not sure when the wedding will take place as we have talked about doing this literally for years but have never made the next step. I promise to keep you all in the loop. As I know, you will know. Honestly, I don’t know where I will be from day to day. That is part of what makes life an adventure!

Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. James 4:14 (NIV)

While we can make plans, for the most part, we are not to worry about tomorrow. We are just meant to live each moment to the fullest. Be blessed my friends and my sisters and brothers in Christ and remember to be a blessing to all that cross your path!

Wendy, walks with God, Mom of Many

© Wendy Glidden 2015

No comments: