Friday, August 14, 2015

My Dad (AKA God) is My Hero!

Today is fantastically fun filled friends and family Friday! I was relieved to discover the internet at the RV park was back up and working and I was able to read K-Love's encouraging word of the day this morning.

Honestly I almost grumbled when I saw what it was. The reason for that would be the topic of the word itself and the fact that God has been drumming this message home to me for the last three days and it is a message I need, for I am struggling with it where Mike is concerned. As I have mentioned before, I am truly just a girl! It is only in my seeking Christ that I am able to rise above my flesh more often than not.

As many of you know this year has been a brutal one for me where matters of the heart are concerned. Mike has not been 100% faithful, kind, or even polite to me for that matter. While he has not completely crossed the line where faithfulness is concerned, he has lusted after other women and as we that read God's word know, Jesus said that lusting in itself is the same as committing adultery.

In the last week, Mike has done a few kind acts and has been a little friendlier to me than he has for the last few months. I know he does not walk with God. I know he does not believe that Christ is God's only begotten son and therefore he is not saved. He does not seek God's word at all so how can I expect him to act as if he does? Ugh! I cannot. I can only show him the love of Christ by following the advice of the LORD. With that being said, here are the encouraging words I have been given over the course of the last three days.

Wednesday's: Matthew 5:7, NASB ~ "Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy."

Thursday's: Colossians 3:12, NASB ~ So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience;

Friday's: James 2:13, NASB ~ For judgment will be merciless to one who has shown no mercy; mercy triumphs over judgment.

I know God is Love and I know that Jesus came to save the lost. I know that while Mike should know better, he is simply not capable of quieting his flesh and listening to the Spirit. If he were a complete stranger, I would have an easier time putting on a heart of compassion where he is concerned.

Admittedly I often fall to my own flesh and am unable to walk in the Spirit completely when Mike is rude to me. In those moments I have to walk away and I tell him, I simply cannot listen to you right now for I don't trust myself. I have let him know that he is not healthy for me and that his insults infuriate me beyond all reason! How can I expect him to be curious about Jesus if I cannot show him what Christ does for me? It is all so infuriating at times!

Recently I was given some boy clothes and among them was a shirt that says, 'My dad is my Hero'.

When I put it on Jeffrey and read it to him, he cocked his head to the side just slightly and asked, "It's talking about God, right?"




I smiled and said, "Yes. Yes it is."

He grinned from ear to ear and boldly proclaimed that God was his hero and continued to brag about how much God loved him.

I love that he knows that truth. I truly believe the best thing we can do for our children is help them have a strong relationship with the LORD. It truly is what will pull them through the heartaches, trials and tribulations in life.

I don't know where I would be in life right now if I did not have the faith I do in the LORD. I know my mouth would be getting me in tons of trouble if I was not focused on His Word! Anger has never produced much good in my life. Those of you who have read my story know that I point out just what anger has done for me in my past.

This last week, I have been sharing snippets out of my story in hopes of finally achieving my life long dreams of being an author whose books truly help others out. With that being said, here is today's teaser designed to get you to purchase my book: 'You Are Worthy Too: The Proof is in the Pudding'


Too Angry to Process the Assault with Love

I warn you to guard yourself from allowing anger to be the leading emotion in your life. First it blinds you, then, it allows you to become self-righteous. There is a time for anger but it is short lived and rarely sweet. Please, if you get nothing else out of this story of mine, get that.

Anger is one of many footholds the evil one needs to have entrance into your heart. You do not want him even getting close to that! So, when you feel anger coming on, I urge you to get down on your knees and give that to God. That looks different than "Giving it to God."

Let me see if I can somehow elaborate on this through my story. Let's begin with this:
Footnotes and Fill-ins from my previous chapter: Grounded for losing my virginity

1. Yes I was grounded for something I did not do, BUT I did misbehave.
2. My punishment did not fit the crime, BUT I brought the trouble on        myself by disobeying, lying and breaking rules I knew were not meant      to be broken.
3. I was angry at God for allowing such an awful thing to happen to me.
4. As a child and here in my telling, I did not give sufficient praise      for the amazing story Mrs. Compton shared.

# 4 deserves more details. It was while I was losing my mind due to being questioned if I was making this entire assault up by Chris, remember, I couldn't talk, “Guy, guy, guy, gun, gun, gun, me, me, me”, was literally all I could say. I could not say anything else. I could barely form those words; anyway, that is when Mrs. and Mr. Compton came to the door. Mrs. Compton was very worried about me. I could hear it in her voice. She asked Chris if I'd told her what happened. I can't remember what Chris said. The numbness was taking over. I heard her tell Chris she was so mad at herself for not insisting louder that they turn around. When they had pulled in their driveway, she shared the fact that she just couldn't get out. She insisted they go back and make sure I was okay. God told her she must. She had obeyed.

Now I am so thankful that God was watching out for me because that whole thing could have been so much worse. I may not have made it out alive. As it was, I was barely touched. Some women have stories that will leave you in absolute tears over their pain.

When they raced off, I didn't realize it was to get this man. He lost them on a high speed chase on the back roads she informed my step mother. He didn't have a license plate on the car so there was nothing more than a description of the car and my description of the man for the police to go on. I couldn't tell the police anything more than he was old and naked and his hand not holding the gun had a flaw. I didn't tell any of them he'd punched me with the gun. They might want to look at me and there was no way I could bare that.


That is it for this little teaser. I truly believe in my heart that my 36 true life testimonies that God called me forth to share in one complete book will help others with their own life struggles. I have walked in so many shoes that I am certain we have shared a pair or two! I know there are also people out there that you may be friends with who need a dose of hope and that is exactly who my book is written for.

It is my belief that my book will bless all who read it. Please consider purchasing a copy for yourself and then pass it on to a friend! Simply click here to be taken to my personal store where you can purchase your copy today for a mere $13.00. I am certain it will be a wise investment!

Father, I come to you today thankful that I am no longer controlled by anger and resentment. I know neither are healthy for my mind or my heart. Thank you for reminding me daily who you are. Thank you for gently nudging me to reach for the stars and be a shining example of how much you love others even when they are the least deserving. For that and so much more, You are my hero! We all have a story. Mine is not full of the prettiest chapters, but I love what you have done with it! Thank you for never giving up on me. Please help me be more focused on Your Word and less focused on the insults that are launched at me from this world! And please Father, bless my book, increase my sales, enlarge my territory, grant me my childhood dreams of helping others trapped in the bondage of deception. In Jesus' name I pray! Amen.

Wendy, walks with God, Mom of Many

© Wendy Glidden 2015


No comments: