Friday, October 5, 2018

Facing Facts

It's basically 8 P.M. on a Friday night. This is day three for my 30 day challenge. For those just joining me, I have listed 3 things that I want to become habitual in my life. (1) Read God's Word in depth, (2) Blog daily upon my day in regard to God's word (3) Get physically back into shape.

I have not succeeded to the point of getting in God's word in depth yet and this forces my hand to come face to face with a monumental truth. The only way I am going to get in God's word in depth is to get up before the children and baby get up.

That is a fact I was hoping to avoid. I enjoy laying in bed until the last possible minute. With that being said, laying in bed til the last minute only allows me to read K-loves encouraging word on my phone. While even the tinniest bit of the word is helpful, I am desiring a bit more than that.

With new goals often comes sacrifice so tonight I will be setting my alarm so that I wake up before the rest of the house. Some solitude time with the LORD is worth getting out of bed for.

As far as blogging goes, I am on day four of sticking to it. I wouldn't say these past few posts have been anything to write home about, but I would say they qualify as getting back into being honest about my walk with God and what I need to do to have it become more enjoyable and productive.

While I still can't stand to see myself in the mirror, I am proud to say that I have stuck to a meal plan for yet another day. I've even cut back on the amount of coffee I am drinking because this lady likes her cream and sugar a bit too much. I've increased my water intake to make up for the missing cups of coffee I have willingly sacrificed. I am also happy to say that not only did I get in my morning walk, I found one of my favorite cardio workouts on You Tube and I managed to workout for a full 20 minutes. I was sweating big time. The workout is actually 50 minutes long so I didn't complete it or even get in half of it, but I did more today than I did prior. Tomorrow I will push myself to make it no less than 30 minutes.

My favorite quote from the workout is, "This isn't a perfect man's workout, this is an everyday man's workout." The biggest thing is that each day I improve upon the day before.

I still have my math post test to take in two chapters and then I need to complete a big test. I had started one prior to writing this blog but I just could not focus on the questions and recalling the formula to use for which question. I admit, I am tired and I think I am going to call it a night. Of course that means that I will have quite a lot to do in math tomorrow, but trying to do it as I fall asleep isn't getting me anywhere!

This is again why I am certain I need to get into God's word first. He tells us more than once that when we seek Him first, everything else falls into place:

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you. ~ (Matthew 6:33, NASB). I know fullwell the impact that following this advice has upon your day.

The battle is real, I know this to be true. Under my roof, I am raising 7 children. They are all as different from one another as night and day. They wear me out and challenge me in every way one can think of. While I love for them to get home from school, at times I dread the madness that often accompanies their arrival. Today was one of those days, hence, I am wiped out. . . . I honestly almost fell asleep typing this. Praise the LORD I am not responsible for driving anywhere tonight! I would have to call off.

Well, before I do fall asleep and find myself with my face planted on my keyboard, I am going to publish this. I still have my video journal I need to record and I would like to read a little more about circling my prayers. As if he knows its time for me to lay down, the baby has arrived at my feet. Goodnight my friends, hopefully you have enjoyed a fantastic Friday.

Father, help me commit to getting up before the children so that I can bask in your word. Remove the pain from my neck and back so that I sleep through the entire night. Keep me accountable LORD, walk beside me and help me reach the stars. I again draw a circle around my dream of you drawing readers in to buy my book, may the community branch out and share that it is worth every dime and let the reviews be so wonderful that sales explode, from there open up all possibilities, talk shows, movies, book tours, let my life be abundant and allow me to use that abundance in all the ways I have dreamed of since childhood. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

(c) Wendy Glidden 2018

No comments: