Thursday, October 4, 2018

Something is Better Than Nothing

This morning I awoke, kicked on K-love, checked out the encouraging word and raced Delilah to school for choir practice. As I drove her there, I pondered upon the encouraging word I had read:

An unreliable messenger stumbles into trouble, But a reliable messenger brings healing. (Proverbs 13:17, NLT)

Proverbs is a book of wisdom meant to guide our steps. With all messages we pass on, we need to ensure they are messages that heal or lift another person up. If we are assigned bad news to pass on, we need to deliver it gently. I have pondered off and on today what it means to be an unreliable messenger and I had intended on consulting my commentary to see if there was any insight on that, but alas, the day spun away from me once again.

I will admit when I first read it, I thought about Satan and how he is a whisperer of contention and a messenger of lies. I guess in the last days, he will find himself in a ton of trouble, but I do not believe that this particular word was speaking directly about him.

I have also not re-read Ephesians, Chapter one, but I did consume a few pages of my latest book of choice: "The Circle Maker" by Mark Batterson. It's about praying circles around your biggest dreams as well as your greatest fears. Today I encourage you to write down both your biggest dream as well as your greatest fear and begin praying for and against them every day.

My biggest dream is to have my book, "You are Worthy Too: The Proof is in the Pudding" to begin selling so rapidly that it hits a tipping point and suddenly I find myself booked for signings and talk shows, and as sales continue, my book finds itself on the New York Times Bestseller chart only to be followed by the announcement that they are going to make a movie out of it. As all of this becomes a reality, the rest of my dreams fall into place; Funding my ideas for helping single moms as well as struggling families and so much more.

My biggest fear is a hard one, since I came to know who I am in Christ, fear isn't something that easily traps me these days. I truly do know that my God is bigger than anything in this world and with Him at my side, there is no cause to fear anything. This is why one of my favorite songs to this day is "Whom shall I Fear" by Chris Tomlin

Whom Shall I Fear (God of Angel Armies)

You hear me when I call
You are my morning song
Though darkness fills the night
It cannot hide the light
Whom shall I fear
You crush the enemy
Underneath my feet
You are my sword and shield
Though troubles linger still
Whom shall I fear
I know who goes before me
I know who stands behind
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side
The one who reigns forever
He is a friend of mine
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side
My strength is in your name
For you alone can save
You will deliver me
Yours is the victory
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
I know who goes before me
I know who stands behind
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side
The one who reigns forever
He is a friend of mine
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side
And nothing formed against me shall stand
You hold the whole world in your hands
I'm holding on to your promises
You are faithful
You are faithful
Nothing formed against me shall stand
You hold the whole world in your hands
I'm holding on to your promises
You are faithful
You are faithful
You are faithful
I know who goes before me
I know who stands behind
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side
The one who reigns forever
He is a friend of mine
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side
I know who goes before me
I know who stands behind
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side
The one who reigns forever
He is a friend of mine
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side
Songwriters: CHRIS TOMLIN,ED CASH,SCOTT CASH
These days I really do see God as a friend of mine. He always has been my friend. Sadly, as my book reveals, I wasted years not being a friend to him and even crazier, believing God was out to get me.

That brings me full circle to the truth that Satan is a messenger of mistruths. He is the one that whispered to me that God was out to get me in the most horrific of ways. All of this is in my book. Sometimes I shake my head reflecting back on all the years I wasted trying to do things in my own strength. How much more fun life is with God at my side. A friend and father that I  know is in my corner. This is why I have decided to again petition God for my biggest dream, to become a wealthy writer who joyfully works for God, sharing the message of mercy and grace, revealing his magnificent love for all. To those who have already read my book and who have written to me in regards to how it helped you, please go to God and ask Him to bless my book sales as well. The more who pray for me and over me, the better!

In closing, I am on day 2 for establishing the following habits: 1. reading God's word, 2. Blogging upon what I read and more 3. Exercising and paying attention to what I consume daily. I am happy with myself because I have done all three once again. I am far from perfection as I didn't consume an entire chapter and I still have my video journal to film but I am feeling better already in several ways. I feel hopeful, I feel taller and dare I say, I feel a little prettier today than I have in a long time. As with all positive changes that we attempt to implement into our lives, everything falls into place with baby steps. Have you thought about personal goals you would like to reach before the end of this year? I encourage you to do as I am, write them down and each day strive your best to reach them. If you never start, you'll never reach them. Don't let the enemy tell you something is too big or too hard, buy my book, discover who you are in Christ and join me in shining a light into the world. Tons of people need a positive message, let us be on the team that delivers it!

Father, today I stand before you saying I am ready to get this dream of mine put into motion. I promise to be your faithful servant and listen to your voice. I am ready to do your bidding and to shine your light through my life which is your life. Bless me Father, grant me my childhood dream of being a famous author. Bless my book, multiply my sales day after day until I am on the Bestseller list and then bless me in greater ways. I long to become a lawyer so that I can help those who don't know how to speak up for themselves as well as those who can't afford council. Allow me to bless your lost children Father. Let me be a mighty warrior in your army. I want it so bad, I can not only taste it, I can see it coming to fruition. I am tired of waiting Father, I am ready to be put into action. Use me, expand my territory and my calling. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Wendy, mom of many, girl who walks with God

(c) Wendy Glidden 2018

No comments: