Saturday, September 5, 2020

Super Silly Song Saturday!

This video comes with a challenge and that challenge is to listen to the below suggested songs and see how and if they move you in any way after you watch this short clip on how and why music is a key element to discovering peace and joy daily. 



My short list of weekly Favorites as promised:

The recommended new song of the week: No Hold on Me, by Matty Mullins . . . guess I was wrong on the whole Toby Mac possibility lol.

My "Fight" Songs:
  1. Overcomer, Mandissa ~ this song reminds me that with God all things are possible and I love the music. It's a song that you can belt out and jam to.
  2. There is an Army Rising Up, Jesus Culture ~ reminds me that I am not alone in the battle.
  3. Whom Shall I Fear (The God of Angel Armies) Chris Tomlin: This song reminds me that God is in charge and as long as I am living out his will, I need fear nothing and no one!
Songs that move me when the trials and tribulations of life strike:
  1. Even If, by Mercy Me ~ this song just speaks to my soul moving me and causing me to remember that in and through all things I should focus on the good in life and continue walking in my life purpose.
  2. Amazing Grace ~ reminds me how incredible the gift of grace is and how blessed I am to have received it even though I above all never earned it.
  3. It is well ~ bad stuff happens and through it all, in the end I am reminded that we live but a moment and some of our personal moments are good and some are not but through them all, God carries me through them and all truly is well.
A Song that References a Truth I have first hand experience with:
  1. He Knows my Name: Francis Battistelli ~ I love this song because as you'll read in my book "You Are Worthy Too: The Proof is in the Pudding", God really has called me by name audibly so I have NO doubt that He Knows me by name. That alone always leaves me in awe and instantly makes me thankful for my relationship with Him. 
That is all for this Saturday ~ it is my intention to highlight different songs each week. May your love for worship music grow, in Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Wendy, mom of many, girl who walks with God.

© Wendy Glidden / Lincoln 2020

No comments: