Saturday, November 14, 2020

Lead Me

 This morning as I tidied up the house after my walk, I was contemplating upon the truth that while I had begun to journal my prayers out once again, I had yet to reach out to others with any recent news. I had just turned on the radio remembering that it is Super Silly Sing-Song Saturday. A song was just ending and the next one that came on I have not heard in years. When it first came out, I used to sing it with my all and pray to God that this is what I hoped for with Mike. I knew that with Jesus in the middle all would be well and He would truly lead our family in the Kingdom Way. 



As I listened to the words, I bowed my head in prayer thanking God for all he had seen us through. We are truly blessed to have discovered that the strength of a marriage is based on both seeking Christ and desiring to walk in their purpose sharing our story and our walk with the world in hopes of inspiring other couples to fight the good fight. To not let the enemy destroy your marriage. 

If you are in the midst of marital spats and unsure of where to turn to for help, my suggestion is what it is for all things. Seek out what God has to say about it all. Had I never done that, I would have never begun praying over Mike. I would have missed out on so much. Longing for him to be a better everything forced me to become a better wife, a better mother, and a better friend. Talking to God regularly seems to have that effect!


Today I encourage you to just open up the Holy Bible and read the Gospel of John, but read with understanding, with desire to know the details, the back ground, the setting, the traditions of those times and the culture ~ Dive deep. You will only benefit from this pursuit, so I beg you to give it a go. Before you open the book up, I ask you to pray this prayer:


Father, (or God if that seems strange to you) I come before you seeking a better way to go about life. I have been advised to read the Gospel of John and to dive deep. I stand before you asking for understanding as I pursue the truth for myself. Please open my eyes and ears to all pearls of wisdom, peace and grace that you long to share with humanity itself. Amen.

With that, I leave you with a link to listen to the song of the day for yourself

https://youtu.be/ffBG7JAvBiw

Wendy, Mom of Many, Girl who seeks God

No comments: