Sunday, November 6, 2022

A Collection of Poems, Prayers and Petitions

This week I put together a list of local churches that I will be able to walk to as I have no wheels and unless God gifts me a car or suddenly gets me 1000 votes or more a day for the remainder of this fabulous over 40 competition I am in, I'm not going to have wheels until tax return time. If you are interested in voting for me due to this post, just follow this link to vote. If you see the flashing 2x hope votes, consider donating to the great cause of helping those with breast cancer ever dollar you donate, counts for 2 votes for me! Another area of my life is my writing and it has always included poetry as a genre. I love rhyme. It just seems to flow out of me. This was my respones to an introduce yourself and tell us something about your day thus far" in a group that I was pulled into: Today, I went to a new church walked in with my hurt found an empty seat and I sat down.... I'm in a New town, making a new start, arrived with a torn and tattered heart. I'm not pointing blame. I'm just looking to call on his name. I know I'll never be the same, but that's okay. I know Jesus is the way; he's got me everyday. he's to whom I pray, come what may. So I went church shopping, I'll be hopping that one just isn't right for me. Worship came, just didn't feel the flame, even when they sang his name. I was the only one there with my hands up in the air I could feel them all stare, but I didn't care they weren't my why for being there. There's only one for me, the one who set me free. he's my reason through every season; the good the bad the joyous the sad he's the song in my heart when things fall apart he's the one that I turn to, the only cure that will do. He's the mistake blotter, my living water. My one and only Lord and Savior, the one who loves me through it all he catches me when I fall, answers when I call. In the end. Always my friend, he's my why the reason that I sing, Jesus he's my everything. Here is another: A seed planted often grows. This truth the evil one knows. A fiery arrow without the shield of faith will take hold. “Don’t worry about tomorrow” in God’s word we are told. We must put on our armor daily for the fight is real. Don’t forget for one moment the thief came to steal. He’s out to rob you of your joy and peace For the evil one the fight does not cease He’s been hard at work, his harvest is large I’m waging in the war, I’m leading a charge I’m part of the eternal brother and sisterhood Reminding those listening of something good A promise of freedom, and unending loveSupport like none other from our Father above Don’t be fooled, our Father is just In this truth, you must trust No matter what this world brings, Turn to Him for all things. And another: God remind me wo I am right now I'm feeling weak so many things to say But I can't seem to speak Thank God my stronghold is him I'm in a fight for my life How did I get here again I'm in a crocodile roll Feeling fractured and unwhole I'm in an undertow Satan has me in a vicious grip And I'm crying out to be let go Jesus I need your loving words Those special scriptures that I've heard Please Oh LORD I pray I need you more than ever today. This is an oldie but a goodie . . . I'm going to put it in as the picture I placed it in a couple of years ago:
What are your thoughts on this one: "Satan is Evil I shout out loud Declare your Shames, Make your father proud Not a thing you have done or could ever do Could keep your Heavenly Father from Loving YOU Oh the evil one He’s so so shrewd Using your sins, He’s so so crude He takes your shames and he places blames His only goal is to keep you from your work I promise you the Devil’s a vicious jerk He is cruel, he’s so unkind With negativity he invades your mind But you have so much light deep inside Lay down your ego, put down your pride Not one of us is perfect, we all fall flat But you see Your Father, He knew all that Step out of the shadows and walk in the light Give Glory to God as you win the fight!" OR do you care to leave a comment on this one? I awoke today with something to say and now a smile is upon my face. Nothing in this world can do it for this girl like Our Father’s Love, it holds first place. If you give thanks and sing songs of praise, I tell you your eyes will often be amazed! Miracles I’ve retold that have happened in my life at times leave me completely dazed! I Pray for wisdom, I pray for truth, I pray for the lost, I pray for our youth, I Pray for mercy, I Pray for Love, I Pray for Friendship with Our Father Above, I Pray for eyes to open and hearts to feel, I Pray for protection and for all hurts to heal I Pray for you, I Pray for me, I Pray that we stand firm in our faith and live abundantly! If there’s one thing we do well on our own, I declare we know how to wallow! If you walk along your own path without God’s guidance you’ll find life is quite hollow. It’s a fact, when you can’t stomach the truth, you’ll find it hard to swallow. It’s also true if you Seek first the Kingdom of God, everything else will follow! If you want joy you can have it, you see, it’s yours for the making! Without God though you can’t have Joy. It’s the evil one who’ll do the taking! I pray you Put on your full suit of armor and stand firm with me in this fight. Why sit in the shadows of darkness when there is so much abundant light? If any of these touched your heart, consider contributing to the cure for breast cancer. You do two things with that, 1.) you qualify yourself for a tax writeoff. Second, if you vote right now (9:30 PM EST ~ only 30 minutes) you will be blessing me with 2 votes for each $1 donated! THANK YOU!! Wendy, girl who walks with God, Mom of many if you want to vote for me, please visit my site and vote for me all week: https://votefab40.com/2022/wendy-glidden Remember, go into the world and shine your light, keep the peace, try not to fight.

No comments: