Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Anxiety . . . Is it Ruling Your Life?

Anxiety, worry, fretting; it really is all pointless. Name one instance in your life that spending time caught up in dread of what may come paid off.

Even if your greatest fear does come to pass, reflect upon how much time you wasted contemplating how things would or could play out. This is truly how most of society is being held from living an abundant life.

If you are thinking, "Great. How do I  make my brain stop playing out various scenerios of my future?"

For me, that answer is simple, but that was not always the case. I spent decades almost 3 as a matter of fact being a little bit of a control freak. Today though, I have for the most part learned to roll with the punches. For me that is a good thing because the punches come often!

What is the secret to my success? First and foremost, words of wisdom passed onto me by my heavenly Father, combined with understanding what or rather who fills me with trepidation.

First I remind myself of this truth:

"So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. (Matthew 6:34, NASB)

Next, I go to God about it all . . . often I go to Him with something like this:

Father, I want to thank you for all you have done for me, all the ways you have shown me favor, moved mountains, introduced me to people and most of all for teaching me how to live abundantly come what may. Honestly, my life rocks. You always have my back which is why it's crazy that I can't keep myself from going round and round in my mind. Please help me raise my shield of faith, fill me with confidence, remind me of all you have done in the past so that the fiery arrows being launched in my direction fall uselessly to the ground. Help guard my mind from negative thoughts, help guard my heart from fear. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

You see, the reason most of humanity struggles with worry is because they don't realize they are in the midst of a spiritual battle. They also don't realize they have a mighty foe. He is shrewd, clever, conniving, and often uses partial truths to speak lies into our lives. These days he's winning the war. People are taking their own lives every day. We must wake up and begin to fight back. Earthly weapons of war are useless. All we need to be successful can be found in the Book of Ephesians, Chapter 6, specifically verses 10-20 . . . 

I've done an in depth study of this full suit of armor and if you have read my trilogy, You are Worthy Too: the Proof is in the Pudding,  you know that Satan had me in a full head on crocodile roll in the midst of writing part II of that book. 

Even if you are someone who doubts in the existence of Satan, you are not exempted from this spiritual war. You are either a pawn or a mighty warrior because while you are busy denying the existence of him, he is busy doing what he does best, using the unaware as pawns. He is the prowling lion, always looking for someone to devour. 



If you deal with any form of anxiety, my main question to you is this . . . what do you have to lose by learning about this form of spiritual armor? 

We all know the definition of insanity is repeating the same behavior while expecting a different result. Isn't your peace of mind worth the gamble of seeking out the truths that are in all resources? 

For those of you on the sidelines in this argument, I encourage you to begin your research by reading my true life trilogy: You are Worthy Too: the Proof is in the Pudding. . . Throughout it, I remove the veil and you can clearly see how I was manipulated by the hater of humanity. Think of this book as a guide that helps open your eyes to ways in which you can win in this life. Until we cross paths again my friend, be blessed in all you do.

Father, thank you for my life, for my blessings and for so much more than I could ever imagine my life to be. Thank you for your promise of an abundant life free of anxiety. How incredible it is to rest in the midst of all life's storms. Today I simply ask that many of my brothers and sisters pick up a copy of the book you called me forth to write. May their eyes and hearts be opened to countless truths. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wendy, Mom of Many, girl who walks with God!



No comments: