Monday, January 27, 2020

Do You Trust God?


I took this picture on the side of the interstate during one of the biggest “Live by Faith, not by sight” moments in my life.



After having spent the previous 13 years of my life with a certain someone whom I also happened to share 6 children with, God signaled me it was time to move and by move I mean to leave the father of my children and hit the road. At the time our family was living in Colorado in an RV and the Limo you see above was my car. He had a jeep.

To shorten the story, the Limo had not been taken care of for almost a year and she was driving rough. When God called me out in faith, I had a mere $400 in my back pocket and a car that I wasn’t sure would make it down the road let alone out of the state! As you can see by the picture, it was a rough time indeed. However, I have come to learn and even appreciate the truth that often it is during the hardest times in our lives that God gets to show off just how amazing He is in all He does for His children.

I’ll never forget hitting the road thinking I was coming back to Indiana when God informed me otherwise. He instructed me to drive to Mackinac Island where my grandmother was staying in her summer cottage. While I thought that was the craziest idea I had ever heard, I obeyed and plugged the location into my phone. What should have only taken a couple of days at the most, took me a full ten days!

The miracles that took place along our trip are something the children still talk about to this day. It was beyond crazy which is how you know God is involved! When we left Colorado, we saw a double rainbow end to end with such vibrant colors I wept over it. The same thing happened when we arrived at the docking station to ride the ferry in Michigan. We ended up only staying there for 10 days before heading on to Indiana.  The beauty in all of it was amazing. God sent me to Michigan to heal, rest, soak in his love and to be there for my grandma who just happened to have no visitors during that time which NEVER happens.

I still don’t know what all God has in store for me. He nudges me here and there. Like this job I have at the church. I knew it was supposed to be mine. I knew it so deeply I told some that I was just going to keep waiting for God to move the mountains that seemed to be blocking my path out of the way and lo and behold, He did. I love this job. I love praying over the church and all our members. I love creating the pictures to post on Instagram and these little shares. It all is a blessing to me and none of it would be my reality today if I did not learn to live by faith!

As members of Westfield Friends Church I can only pray that we continue to pray for one another. That we pray for lost souls and that we unite in our efforts to serve this little community that this church was blessed to be the founders of! Until tomorrow my fellow followers of Christ, Be blessed, but more importantly, be a blessing!

Your sister in Christ,
Wendy

No comments: