Friday, January 24, 2020

We Are Mandated By God to Share Our Talents!


I apologize for my late post on Facebook today. I had to give myself a lunch break today as waves of nausea struck and struck hard! Today I am so very thankful for peppermint tea! Whoever purchased it and placed it in the kitchen here, I think you saved my life!

Thank you to Tracey Rogers who came into the church banging a few cups around in the kitchen. LORD only knows how long I may have stayed on that couch had he not woke me up! One thing is certain though, I prayed my heart out for relief prior to dozing off and whatever the cause was it has lifted completely.

That brings me to the topic of praying. This past Wednesday evening, we held our first of seven consecutive monthly Wednesday night prayer meetings. We didn’t give much notice out and due to that; we only had four people show up. However, answers to our prayers are already taking place <3.

Which brings me to today. When I finally managed to sit upright at my desk again, I logged back into Facebook and one of the ladies we had prayed over had just posted offering to use one of her talents in order to earn some side money. This got me thinking. . . .

Here is this beautiful girl, seeking God and giving her all to stand on her own two feet after a heart wrenching divorce that left her struggling financially to be able to make ends meet. For the last month she has been staying with friends or sadly, sleeping in her car. She has been approved to move into an apartment close to the private school she teaches at, but she does not have the needed funds for the initial deposit along with the required first and last month’s rent. Instead of giving up, she has chosen to reach out to others offering to use her talent in exchange for money. I count that admirable.
Her talent happens to be massage therapy. She is certified and travels with her own massage table. I have already asked her to put me down for an appointment after church this Sunday.

This is where my head started spinning (in a good way). We are the hands and feet of Christ. We all have been given at least one talent. As members, shouldn’t we be sharing those talents to help one another in all the ways that we can? The short and simple answer to that is yes.


I need to put my thoughts into an actual idea and have it approved by Ministry and Oversight, but in the meantime, please pray over ways that we as members of this church can benefit one another in greater ways. Also, should you be thinking of treating yourself to a massage this month, consider hiring a fellow attendee of our church. I haven’t gotten permission to name names at this point, so if interested, see me on Sunday and I’ll introduce you to her.

For now, I ask that we lift one another up in prayer every day.

Father so many of us in this little church are facing battles that not all of us are aware of. How I dream of the days when we behave as you direct us 100% of the time! I thank you for all your many blessings; you are amazing in all that you provide. I ask that you continue to soften our hearts so that we see what you see and that we are moved as you are moved. Please bless us with greater wisdom, knowledge and bigger, softer hearts Father. Help us focus on you, on your will for us. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

No comments: