Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Are You Also a "Busy Bee"?

Good afternoon everyone! I hope today has found you enthusiastically serving our Father by letting your lights shine and encouraging others who cross your path today. It would seem one of the repeating messages this week had a lot to do with encouraging one another in simple ways. I think those of us who have our love language dialed in on words of affirmation, find encouraging words even more special than most. I know for me that is the case.

One of my first big “Ah hah!” moments when it came to God truly wanting a life-long relationship with us was when I was shown that in the beginning God was seen walking in the garden in the cool of the day (Genesis 3:8). Not long after that, I found God taking the time to give wise council to Cain in regard to his anger and how he must overcome his emotions and begin doing what was right or he would be overcome by sin. As I grew in the word, I discovered again and again, God reaching out to mankind with encouraging words.

When I was an innocent, I walked and talked to God daily, but I never put much thought into the truth that he wanted that type of relationship with all his children. Along the way, I drifted and became a prodigal and remained there for almost 3 decades. 

When I learned about the story of the Father watching for the prodigal and how he saw him way off in the distance and RAN to him, I can’t tell you how it hit me, but I am certain all other prodigals are fully aware of how powerful that story is in the Bible. Over the course of the last ten years, I have been blessed to hear my Heavenly Father encourage me in my walk again and again. I pray that you hear Him cheering you on as well.

One of my favorite people where I work is a person I have nicknamed “Busy Bee”. I gave her this nick name because she is always in the middle of something huge. She always has a smile on her face, and 

She purposely pretends to be up to "something mischievous". Due to these traits I find her to be quite hilarious and she makes me laugh constantly. I simply adore her. She loves the LORD tremendously, but is in her own struggle today. She knows who she is in Christ and she knew she could not be the best representative today and has instead elected to escape for some one on one time with the LORD to work out things. In Scripture, we also witness Jesus taking time to be with God one on one. She called in to let me know I would not see her tonight and to pass on the word. I asked if she’d like to be lifted up in prayer and she said yes, so please lift her up along with me for peace and the ability to set aside her human emotions, forgive, not be offended and move beyond the moment. 

At times, just the speed of life and how we are forced to live it can cause us to stumble in the flesh having momentarily gotten caught up in the world’s view of life. Today, as we approach the season of crazy busy, may we all take a moment to sit at the feet of Jesus and just breathe.

I leave all my “busy bees” with this poem. May you be blessed with time alone with God before the day ends.

The Fruit of the Spirit is What I am After!

 Too much to do and not enough time

Chaos & craziness filling my mind

I'll give the devil his due

He's an expert at tricking me and you

When something causes you worry

Slow down ~ what's your hurry?

Take a moment to pray for what you need

With God on your side you're sure to succeed

When I feel life's pressures are becoming too demanding

I remember Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart

And lean NOT on your own understanding."

I call upon the Lord I do and I sing his praises

I bathe in his Glory oh the way he amazes

So I say to Satan, "You've got no hold on me!

My God came here so I could live abundantly!"

The fruit of the spirit ~ that's what I'm after

This life is mine to serve the LORD and I'll fill it with laughter!


© Wendy Glidden 2012 - 2021

No comments: