Tuesday, October 2, 2018

A Few Thoughts...

The other day, I was scrolling my facebook feed. Something I haven't done on a consistent basis for a little over a year now. Something else I have not kept up with is my blog. I keep thinking to myself that I need to get back to it, yet as one can easily see, I have not.

As I rewound the movie of last year in my head, I realized just how easy it easy it is to fall out of a habit. They say if you do something for 21 days straight, you have created a new habit. The one thing I loved about going to Colorado Christian University is that it forced my hand to stay in the word every day. Not only did I have to read the Bible for school, I had to write papers on what I read. In writing papers, I had to dive deep and research multiple sources outside of the Bible. There is something to be said about filling your mind with the promises of God. My heart would soar daily with thoughts of gratitude. I have one more core class left to earn my bachelors degree in Biblical Studies. Now I attend WGU and am seeking a degree in Special Education. In six short months, I have earned 32 college credits toward that degree. My graduation date was going to be April of 2021, but I am testing at a faster pace than required and have already knocked off an entire year toward graduation. I hope to repeat that pace during next term. If I do, I'll have my degree by this time next year! I think I am going to go back to CCU then and take that final class, since both colleges are accredited I believe my credits from WGU should transfer over and if that is the case I'll have a double bachelors degree, one for teaching and one for Biblical Studies. In the end, my plan is to enroll back into school in order to seek my law degree. God keeps showing me things in a courtroom environment. I would love to represent the average person. For years I have said we have a legal system, but there is not a lot of justice coming out of it.

So, back to the subject of habits. We all have good and bad ones. If I were to put mine on the scale right now, the bad outweighs the good sadly. With that being admitted, I am putting out a challenge to others as well as myself. I want to develop 3 good habits beginning today. My challenge to you is to come up with at least one habit you would like to begin and one you would like to stop!

Habit 1: Get back to reading no less than one chapter in the Bible every day. I am going to begin with the book of Ephesians.

Habit 2: Get back to blogging ~ look for a blog tomorrow on chapter 1 of Ephesians.

Habit 3: Getting back into shape. Starting today, I will walk for 30 minutes and then do 20 minutes of weight training. . . baby steps of course since I am soooooo out of shape. Along with exercising, beginning tomorrow morning paying attention to what I consume begins. That will cancel out my bad habit of munching throughout the day consuming empty calories.

As with all changes in our lives, it is important to find an accountability partner. I am counting you, my reader as my accountability partner. Feel free to comment if you would like me to be your accountability partner! Until tomorrow, be blessed my friends, but more importantly, be a blessing.

Wendy, mom of many, girl who walks with God.

(c) 2018, Wendy Glidden

No comments: