Sunday, August 23, 2020

Hounds of Hell? Do You Believe They Exist?

 This is an excerpt from part 3 of my book "You Are Worthy Too: The Proof is in the Pudding"

It was originally published as my third book "Angels, Answers, Signs and Wonders" But to save my readers money and to give them the entire story in one big book, I republished them as a Trilogy in One!

At the end of the weekend, I will be gifting away one autographed copy to the person who sends the most friends they believe would enjoy this book! Hope to hear back from you!

SNEAK PEEK:

Once, I really was transported. At the time of the incident, I did not really know what had happened and the friend I was with was so freaked out by the incident, that she was gripping the steering wheel and told me she did not want to discuss what had gone down.

Allow me to paint the scene:

It was a Friday night in the summer of 1993. Tami and I were headed down to French Lick for the weekend. I was getting ready to move down there in a couple of weeks. I had put in my notice at Glidden Fence. Chris and I had agreed that it was not healthy for us to work together any longer.

At the moment, I was pregnant for the fifth time in my life and I was planning on aborting the pregnancy the following week. It is not pretty but it is the truth.

I was going to go to Ohio to have the abortion done this time because they offered to gas you and it was a much nicer facility. The first time I had elected to terminate a pregnancy, I had gone to a clinic in Indianapolis.

I knew there was no way I could go through with it if I had to do it that way again. However, knowing I could go somewhere that offered to gas its patients so that they would not be fully aware of what was going on made the option doable in my mind.

I justified that if I had this baby, the father would never leave me be. After having to deal with Jeff over our children, and knowing how this guy was with his own children and their mothers, I just was not interested in having him attempt to control my life via a child.

I am not sure if my decision and what it opened me up to was why what happened that night happened. I have wondered if I was about to face something tragic that night more than once. I imagine I will not know all of the details of that crazy night until I am on the other side. For now, this is all I know:

The sun was on its way down and we wanted to make up for lost time. Tami and I had been shown a shortcut a couple of times and we were sure with the two of us we could maneuver the back roads on our own. We turned off of SR 37 and headed west.

We had driven in the same direction for about 10 minutes when out of nowhere the craziest animal I have ever seen appeared in the road. He was as long as the car and his face seemed to be at eye level with where we sat.

For twenty years, I was sure Tami had jerked the wheel and somehow kept us on the road around a turn off I had never seen. I thought this was the case because as we were truly spun, I found myself face to face with this thing through the passenger side window. I was stunned that this creature seemed to smile at me. He was so demonic looking. I’m not sure if my brain has ever identified anything else as demonic in the instant my eyes landed on it. If I was to categorize it, I would place it in the canine category but it was not like any dog I have ever seen.

I turned to Tami and said, “Did you see that demon dog smile at us?”

Tami’s face was as white as a ghost and her fingers clasped the steering wheel so tightly they too were white. “I don’t want to talk about it.” Tami said adamantly.

I sat back in my seat wondering what on earth that animal had been. With Tami not wanting to talk about the demonic looking dog like creature, I did not think I should pester her with questions regarding her thoughts and her driving skills while she was driving. I truly wanted to ask her how she had managed to turn the car so quickly. I hadn’t even seen a side street to turn onto when the demon dog leapt in front of us.

We drove on in silence for approximately another 15 minutes without any sign of a town. I think both of us were beginning to think we may be lost. There was no turning around. Neither one of us wanted to run into that demonic creature again.

Within a few minutes after deciding we were going to continue driving in the direction we were going, we saw signage indicating we were coming up to a stop sign. As we got closer I think we both gasped. We found ourselves directly across from the Coca Cola Plant on SR 37.

The distance between the Coca Cola Plant and where we had turned off the road would take a person a little over thirty minutes to drive straight down SR 37 at over 55 miles per hour.

We had not been traveling that quickly as we were unfamiliar with the road we were traveling down and it was dark now.

While I thought we had been traveling south and Tami thought we had continued traveling west, we had ended up driving for approximately 25 minutes on a back road well west of SR 37 and had found ourselves not only back north at least 30 miles on SR 37, we were on the east side of the road. There is no way to go over or under that road anywhere along that stretch of highway. The whole thing was unexplainable. We had turned off of SR 37 and we had headed west away from it. We never crossed it again until we came up on it from the east.

No matter which way you looked at it, with the time we had for travel, there was no way we could have traveled to where we had found ourselves without some serious help.

There was no other explanation outside of the fact that we had somehow been transported away from that demon dog. But why? What did it all mean? I was intrigued and Tami was spooked.

I think we sat in silence staring at that Coca Cola plant for an entire minute before I said, “How on earth?”

“I don’t know. I don’t want to talk about it. It’s impossible.” Tami answered.

“We never crossed 37 Tami, how did we end up so far on the other side and all the way back here? It doesn’t make sense.” I reiterated.

“I know. I don’t know. I don’t want to think about it.” Tami said and put the car back in motion. “We aren’t taking that short cut ever again.”

“Fine by me.” I stated. That was the craziest looking dog I had ever seen and I had no desire to cross its path again.

**** to purchase the full story follow this link: https://www.amazon.com/You-Are-Worthy-Too-Pudding/dp/1505696437/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=the+proof+is+in+the+pudding+wendy+glidden&qid=1596410492&sr=8-2



No comments: